Chapter Twenty-Two

Piper's POV-

Last night, Annabeth kissed Percy.

She kissed him.

Holy crap.

The next morning at breakfast, I saw Annabeth sitting in between Jason and Thalia, looking kind of nervous. I assumed that she was telling them about last night, and I wanted to know also. So I walked over and sat down in front of her and said, "So Annabeth, about last night-"

"Would you look at that!" Annabeth said, cutting me off. "I'm not hungry. Gotta go!"

And she left. Just like that.

I watched her leave, before turning to the Grace siblings and saying, "What is going on with her?"

"Psh, I don't know, but I'm gonna eat her pancakes!" Thalia said, taking Annabeth's untouched plate.

Jason shook his head at his sister and said, "I'm not sure. Shouldn't you know? And what happened last night that made her leave so abruptly?"

"Uh, it doesn't matter. What were you guys talking about earlier?"

"I was asking Annabeth if she had seen Percy at all yesterday."

I cleared my throat, not sure how I should respond. "What did she say?"

"Nuthin," Thalia said with a mouth full of pancakes.

"Thank you, Thalia," Jason rolled his eyes. Even though they were siblings, they were so different they might as well have not even been related. "Anyways, thinking back on it, she never really answered. She looked like she was going to but then you sat down and she left."

"Hm, weird. Why were you asking if she saw Percy?"

Jason and I continued talking about Percy and Annabeth until we had 10 minutes till our meeting, which meant we had to go grab our papers and get back down to the conference room.

As I walked back up to my apartment, I saw Annabeth ducking behind a corner, then continuing onto the conference room, obviously avoiding me. I thought back to everything Jason and I had discussed. As far as Jason knows, Percy was super dazed last night, and Annabeth was acting very strange this morning. The way I see it, Annabeth is avoiding me, probably because she isn't usually so open about her feelings and may be regretting telling me about her kiss last night. She's most likely avoiding Jason because she doesn't want to tell him about what went down between her and Percy last night. And finally, Percy was dazed last night because Jason and found him not long after Annabeth had kissed him.

After going through everything, I found myself at the doors of the conference room, very proud of myself for figuring everything out.

I walked in to find myself the second to last person, with Thalia running up behind me. All the girls had been wearing their dresses and hair and makeup to breakfast because it takes longer to get ready, while most the guys had gone back to their rooms and combed their hair, put a tie on and a suit jacket. And lemme tell you. Jason was looking fine.

I mean... all the guys were too... I guess.

I went and sat down by Annabeth, who was looking at her lap, nervously glancing up at the back doors.

"Hey," I whispered. "Are you okay?"

She nodded.

Of course, Triton chose this moment to start the meeting, clearly feeling pressured due to how many people were in here. There was King Poseidon and Queen Sally, as well as all their advisers, who were also our parents. They were there to correct our mistakes and make sure everything runs smoothly. So basically to judge us, what's new.

On top of all the adults, were King Triton and Queen Merope and us, their advisors. And I'm also willing to bet Percy was behind the back door that Annabeth kept nervously glancing up at every so often.

Now we wait.

* * *

"Ok, and our final piece of business is-" Triton began.

"Uh, there's nothing else on the agenda, Your Highness," Jason's dad, Zeus interrupted.

"Don't interrupt me," Triton said sharply, before continuing. "Our final piece of business is to abolish the law that states there cannot be twin heirs."

Gasps went up from all the adults, besides Sally and Poseidon.

"We are doing this because it doesn't make any sense. If there are any twins, the older twin gets the crown, unless the younger twin chooses to duel him for it. All in favor?" Merope said, raising her hand.

All of us 'children' raised our hands, as well as Sally, Poseidon, Hermes, Apollo and Demeter.

"Wonderful," Triton said. "In that case, allow me to introduce you all to my twin brother, Percy."

Percy then walked in through the back door. He smiled, and gave a half wave to everyone in the room, glancing at Annabeth who was signing the paper saying we got rid of the law and deliberately avoiding eye contact.

Once the paper was passed around, Triton had declared the meeting over and the adult had left, I walked towards Annabeth to see Percy following her out the door.

I made eye contact with Jason, who nodded, before we both quickly followed Percy and Annabeth out.

"Annabeth, wait!" We heard Percy calling.

Annabeth had stopped and turned, making sure there wasn't anyone was around. By now, Jason and I were hiding behind a bush, listening to everything. "What?"

"Uh, well," Percy shuffled his feet nervously. Finally, he sighed and said, "Why did you kiss me last night?"

Now it was Annabeth's turn to shuffle nervously. "Oh... I don't know..."

At this reply, Percy looked really disappointed. So I decided to jump out and say, "Liar!"

"Piper?" They both gasped. "And Jason?"

I turned to see that Jason had stood up as well. He said to Annabeth, "You kissed Percy?"

I ignored Jason and walked up to them.

"Annabeth, stop lying to yourself and Percy. Just tell him why you kissed him!"

"Ok..." Annabeth turned to Percy. "I... I-"

She was cut off by Percy surging forward and kissing her.

A/N-

hEllO pEePsLEs!!

How was this chapter? I know, it sucked. I literally have zero ideas, and am just grasping at straws. I have no clue where to go from here. SO! I suggest y'all comment some suggestions, PLEASE!

Also, I'm changing my updating schedule. I will be updating Wait, Another? on Fridays and The Royal Secert on Saturdays. But I'm not guaranteeing an update next Saturday because I LITERALLY HAVE ZERO IDEAS!

Hope you liked it, please vote if you wanna ❤️

Published: Saturday, September 12, 2020