Prologue

16 years ago-

"You can do this darling, I believe in you!" King Poseidon shouted words of encouragement to his wife through the door.

"SHUT UP POSEIDON!!!" Queen Sally screamed.

*5 minutes later*

"Poseidon, come look at our beautiful baby boy!" Sally exhaled.

Inside the bedroom was Emma, Sally's personal nurse, Dr. Apollo, a few other nurses, a frazzled Sally and a crying baby boy. Sally had her brown hair up in a messy bun, her blue eyes gazing adoringly at her newborn son.

"I've named him Triton, is that alright?" Sally asked.

"Of course dear, I'm so proud of you," Poseidon whispered as he walked over to his wife and son.

Triton had soft blue eyes and tufts of brown hair like his mother with his fathers mouth and nose. As Poseidon kissed Sally's forehead, he realized that she was falling asleep. He directed Emma over to take Triton while he walked out of the room to allow Dr. Apollo to finish up. He briskly walked outside to the beach to calm his nerves.

Meanwhile, back in Sally's room, she jerks up with another contraction. Eight minutes after Triton is born, Sally gives birth to another son, who has the same sea green eyes as Poseidon. Once Sally has recovered for a few minutes, Emma walks to the bedside and takes hold of the baby.

"Wh-what are you do-doing?" Sally managed.

"Your Majesty, you know you can't have two sons. We need to do something unless you want there to be a duel," Emma says gently.

"No" Sally says firmly. "No, he will stay in the castle. Have the servants prepare the Northern Tower. I will not lose one of my sons so soon, especially to each other."

"Yes Your Majesty. What will his name be?" Emma inquires.

Sally takes the baby back and studies him for a few seconds before saying, "Perseus, like the hero who had great luck."

"What a beautiful name. We will take him up to the Northern Tower while you rest," Emma says, while taking ahold of young Perseus once again.

"Don't tell Poseidon. All of you are sworn to secrecy, lest you want to be executed," Sally announces to everyone else in the room.

"Of course, Your Majesty," rang through the foo, before Queen Sally passed into a peaceful slumber.

A/N
I've never written a story before and don't really expect to get any reads... if I do, thank you!!!
Hope you liked it, please vote, if you want ❤️

Published: Tuesday, June 23, 2020