Chapter Twenty-Seven

Percy's POV-

"Hey man, what's up?" Jason said, sitting next to me for breakfast. "Woah, you look like you just got ran over by a truck. Did you sleep at all last night?"

"A little," I grumbled. I had been awake since Annabeth came into my room saying that she would be moving.

"Pipes, hey!" Jason greeted, still in a sunshiney mood. Stupid Jason.

I jumped when Piper slammed her plate of pancakes on the table across from Jason and I.

"Pipes, you look dead too... Are you guys okay? Why didn't you sleep? Do I need to--"

"Please, Jason," Piper groaned. "Shut. Up."

"O-okay. Sorry guys."

"Sorry man, late night last night," I said, feeling bad.

"It's cool. Where's Annabeth?"

My shoulders sagged at the mention of Annabeth, while Piper's entire body tensed.

"We'll talk to you later. Meet in the secret garden with the whole group at..." Piper trailed off, looking at me for a time.

"1pm," I offered.

"That's after lunch," Jason stated.

"Hey guys!" Leo said cheerfully, sitting next to Piper.

"Yeah, but we gotta sleep sometime," I responded to Jason, ignoring Leo.

"Alright, cool," Jason said.

"What's wrong with them?" Leo asked Jason.

"I'm not sure, I guess they didn't get enough sle--"

I didn't hear the rest because I left, to go get some sleep.

(A/N- I feel like I've switched my line breakers or time skips or whatever u wanna call them so much... Which ones your favorite, from ones I've done, or ones that you've seen in other stories? Lemme know!)

"Okay Percy, Piper. We're all here. What's going on and where is Annie?" Thalia asked, as soon as Katie walked in, Nico following her as the last two people.

"Annabeth moved to Hamilton," I said bluntly.

"Isn't that on the mainland?" Will questioned.

"Why did she move?" chimed Hazel.

"When did she move?" Leo asked.

"She left in the middle of the night last night, and it was because her mother was, quote, 'fed up with the monarchy,' is what she said. And yes, Hamilton is on the mainland," Piper said, answering all the questions.

"So what are we going to do?" Jason asked.

"Well, Piper and I were awake for almost the whole night last night figuring things out. We have a pretty solid plan, but it was pretty late, so it might not be as solid as we thought it was at 4 in the morning..." I said, now unsure of our plan.

"So, first of all, her phone has been destroyed, and her mom is going to get her a new one there. She's been texting me randomly off her mom's phone, until she can get her new one. She already has our numbers written down on a piece of paper, and will text us when she can," Piper announced, taking charge. At this point, I just sat down. Standing was hard.

"What we were thinking is that since Calypso's birthday is next week, we could throw a party. I mean, we were going to do that anyways, but this just fits perfectly into our plan. We're going to have Annabeth beg her mom to call Calypso on her birthday, who will tell Annabeth about the party. Annabeth will then beg on her hands and knees to come to the party. Knowing her mom will be highly skeptical, Annabeth has money she can use, plus a little extra we can send her, that she will use to pay for her own plane tickets. Then, Annabeth will offer to her mom that she can go alone. And then she'll just stay forever. Bam. Problem solved."

Piper sat down triumphantly.

"Uh, that might not work..." Frank mumbled.

"Please tell us," I half laughed. "This was literally the best thing we could come up with."

"Well, it's just that this is all based on hope that Athena let's Annabeth do any of this. I mean, sure. A phone call is nothing, but if Athena ruined her phone, that may be a bigger obstacle than originally planned. Next, it's gonna be a lot to get Athena to allow her to fly here by herself. It's a good plan, but Athena is smart. She'll probably see right through it," Frank stated.

"True..." Piper muttered under her breath.

"We could have a funeral," Nico suggests.

"For who? Are we going to kill someone?" Connor asks.

"Yep. You," Nico deadpans. Turning back to the group he says, "No, we just need to call Athena and ask to speak with Annabeth, and tell her that someone close to her died, but not someone Athena cares much about."

"Percy," Piper piped. (A/N- hehe see what I did there? Sorry lol its 1am...)

"No, if Athena hates the monarchy, it's probably because Percy was just brought into the light," Reyna states. "It would have to be someone like... well anyone in this group really."

"How about me?" Katie suggests. "I mean, in reality, I'm not that close to Annabeth, but I'm close enough that it would make sense for her to come to my funeral. But I'm also not close enough to Annabeth for Athena to feel like she has to come. It works perfectly, right?"

We all glanced around at each other, murmuring agreements.

"Ok, well that sounds like a way more solid plan than our last one," I laughed. "We can't call too close to them leaving though, so I say in about 2 weeks? That way it's after Calypso's birthday, so Annabeth can still try and call, and we can get Athena's reaction, and modify our plan a little bit, if we need to."

Sounds of approval all around.

"Great. I'll let Annabeth know as soon as she texts me, either from her mom's phone or hopefully from her own phone," Piper says, ending our little planning meeting.

A/N-

Bonjour peepsles! Hows it going? It's currently about 1 am and I'm suuuuper loopy, cause I've literally been in my room for the last 3 days, barely moving.

The reason for that is, first of all school got canceled this week. Usually I'd still be going crazy, but not as bad because I'd still be able to hang out with my friends and go to gymnastics. But I can't this time, because my friend got COVID and I was a close contact.

Naturally, I'm upset, but I'm beyond angry rn, bc she said she HAD symptoms when she came to orchestra, a few days before she tested positive. So yeah, I get to quarantine now. Hardcore.

Also, sorry for the weird and non-existent updating schedule... but get used to it hehe.

How was this chapter?

Also.... 4K READS?! THANK U SO SO MUCH, EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU!!!

But seriously though, I just started this story off in boredom, expecting nobody to read this. I know that's like how every story goes or whatever, but I'm pretty hard on myself so I'm like literally crying from joy rn. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart. I love you all, my peepsles.

I was thinking, that for 5k I do a face reveal...? Or should I wait longer, till it's a bigger number?

Alright, sorry, this note got way longer than I had planned. Sorry lol

Hope you liked it, please vote if you wanna <3

Published: Thursday, October 22, 2020