Chapter Six

Percy's POV-

2 weeks later

"Shh!" Josie whispered to me. We were just getting back from the Summer Castle around 1 am, and I was sooo tired. I kinda slammed the door. Oops.

"Sorry. Thanks Josie," I whispered back, grabbing my bags and heading inside toward the Percy Palace- I mean Northern Tower.

I opened the door to the stairs that lead to the Northern Tower. Usually that door is locked, but not tonight. Hmm, strange. Oh well, it's dark and I have a pretty good cover story if any one is up here. Well, an okay cover story.

As I slowly crept up the stairs, I heard quiet voices. I stopped, so I could listen. It sounded like there were 3 people, arguing.

"I think you guys are crazy," one of them said.

"Thalia, shut up, I swear I heard the car again!" a second voice replied. Crap, this isn't looking good...

"Plus, don't you wanna know what's in the Northern Tower?" a third voice asked.

"No! We could get into serious trouble! I don't even know why I'm here!" the first voice, Thalia, exclaimed. "Annabeth, this is so unlike you. You should know better!"

Wait... Thalia? Annabeth? These are the girls always having picnics...

My thoughts get cut off by the third voice saying, "Annabeth, don't listen to Thalia. If you want to investigate this, you should be allowed to."

"Yeah... I guess," the second voice, Annabeth said discouragingly. "I don't know, Piper. What if Thalia is right?"

"I'm just saying, this is a pretty big mystery, especially if the Queen is hiding it from the King," Piper said, still trying to convince Annabeth to stay.

"Uhh guys?" Thalia asked.

"Yeah?" they answered in unison.

"If anyone was coming up to the Northern Tower, shouldn't they have been here by now?"

"Your right-" Piper started, but was cut off when I walked around the corner.

"Who are you and what are you doing here?" Annabeth asked threateningly.

"I'm so sorry, miss, I heard people up here and was sent to investigate," I replied, head down. Like I said, I had an okay cover story, and that was to pretend to be a servant. I'll have to call Josie and tell her to get one of ever trusted male servants to cover up for me in the morning.

"Oh, well we were just leaving. Weren't we?" Thalia said, pulling Annabeth and Piper away.

Once I heard them walk out, I walked back down ad pretended to walk out and close the door. Then I locked the door and hurried back up to the main layer and called Josie.

Ring... ring...

"Hello, Your Highness, what can I do for you?" I hear Josie whisper on the other side of the phone call.

"Please don't call me Your Highness. And also..." I quickly explained what had just happened.

"Oh dear, ok. I will talk to Emma and Queen Sally about the best way to lead those girls away. In the meantime, I'll get Joseph to say he was the one who found them last night, if the need arises. Thank you for telling me, now get some sleep dear."

"Ok, thanks Josie. Bye."

"Bye bye."

*Click*

Sigh. Well I guess I should get some sleep... especially because those girls were poking around here.

I don't want to, so I'm not gonna. Let's play some Xbox!

*-*-*-*-*-*time skip*-*-*-*-*-*

I've been playing video games for about 2 hours now, so it's 3:30 am. Now, the logical thing would be to go to sleep. Buuuuuuuut.... I'm far from logical, I'll be honest.

Let's see, what can I do right now? The other servants don't wake up for another hour, but I'd have to be in my room in 30 minutes to be safe... I can risk a quick trip to the kitchen for some cookies.

As I creep down the stairs, I think about what will happen when Triton is crowned king. Will I be allowed to show my face?

The coronation is a week after our 16th birthday, which is in a month. I'm not sure what the exact date of the coronation is, but I'm pretty sure he's getting married to some foreign princess as well.

After I grab some cookies, that are thankfully blue, I decide to just walk around the castle. I've got about 15 minutes before I have to be back in my room, so why not?

I guess I should probably explain the blue cookies. Since Atlantis is a kingdom right on the ocean, our main colors are blue, sea green and white. So, for my 11th birthday, Mom made me cookies, and decided to make them blue to symbolize little miracles. Like the fact that the queen can make cookies. She can have twin sons, which is illegal. And cookies can be blue.

Continuing my thoughts about being allowed to show my face when Triton is king, will I still have to fight him for the crown? I mean, he'll already be king, and I don't want to be king, so hopefully not. Also, will anyone want to talk to me? I hope so, cause I've gone almost 16 years with hardly any social interaction.

*Crash*

Shoot. I just walked right into one of those decorative suits of armor.

As I run back up to the Northern Tower, I hear guards running towards the fallen statue. Crappppppppppp. They're going to think that someone was trying to break in or something and then the nightly guard patrol will double and no more cookies at 3am!!

I'll just have to call Emma or Josie or Mom as soon as I get up to my bedroom and- "Oof!" I grunt. "What the heck?!"

"SHHHH!" Someone shushes, slapping their hand over my mouth. "Who are you?"

"I'm a nobody, it doesn't matter," I whisper back. "Who are you?"

"Annabeth. Annabeth Chase."

A/N-
Ooh, they're finally meeting, face to face!

Hope you guys all had a great weekend and a great 4th of July for Americans!

Also, huge thanks to you guys, over 200 views!! Wow, thanks! This story was mostly just going to be a good way for me to pass time this summer since everything has been cancelled cause of COVID. I hope you guys are all staying safe and healthy.

Here's an early update! Please let me know what you think and if you have any suggestions. Next chapter will be out probably next Monday. It will be this chapter in Annabeth's POV.

Hope you liked it, please vote if you wanna❤️

Published: Sunday, July 5, 2020