Chapter Twenty-Three

Percy's POV-

"Liar!" Piper said, jumping out of a bush.

They had just finished their council meeting where they covered a lot of stuff that I didn't listen to or care about, then they passed the law... well I guess they abolished it, not passed it... Anyways, I'm legal now.

Literally right after Triton said the meeting was over, Annabeth was gone. I wanted to talk to her though, so I followed her out and asked her why she kissed me last night. She said she didn't know, which brings us to Piper jumping out of a bush calling Annabeth a liar. Oh look, there's Jason, also. Great.

Annabeth and I both gasped at the same time. "Piper? And Jason?"

Piper quickly glanced at Jason, obviously surprised he was there I think. Then Jason said to Annabeth, "You kissed Percy?"

Annabeth didn't respond as Piper walked over to us saying, "Annabeth, stop lying to yourself and Percy. Just tell him why you kissed him!"

Wait, what?

No, I must be reading the signs wrong...

"Ok..." Annabeth turned towards me. "I... I-"

Here goes nothing.

I cut Annabeth off and kissed her.

She kissed me back.

When we pulled back, Piper started cheering. Annabeth looked up at me, as if she wanted to say something, but instead she kissed me again.

Until Athena walked out and yelled at her.

"Annabeth! Get away from him!"

"Mom?" Annabeth exclaimed.

"Come on, we're going for a walk!" Athena said, grabbing Annabeth's arm and pulling her away from me.

"Hey, wait!" I yelled at Annabeth. I didn't want her to go yet!

"Mom, let go of me!" Annabeth said to Athena, who was having none of it. She just kept walking.

Finally, Annabeth yanked her arm out and ran back towards us, grabbing Piper's arm and proceeding to run. Where? Pfft, I don't know. I just knew that Athena's glare was scary, and coming right at me.

* * *

"Hey, we're having a quick picnic, wanna come?" Piper asked me.

"Uh, sure, I guess," I replied, kind of knowing what I was getting myself into, but not really.

"Great, let's go," Piper said, walking towards the kitchen.

I followed of course, and we ended up getting a basket of food. Apparently Annabeth and Thalia had gotten the blanket and other food.

Once we got out there and set everything up, everyone sat in a circle. Annabeth sat to my right, then Piper and Jason. Thalia was next to Jason, with Reyna, Frank and Hazel following. After Hazel sat Nico, then Leo, Calypso and Katie. Will sat next to Katie, then Travis and Connor, closing the circle back at me.

For awhile we just chatted. It was nice. I learned that Frank and Hazel are dating, so are Leo and Calypso. Travis seems to like Katie, but I'm not sure if she likes him back. I think that Thalia and Reyna might like each other...? No clue. Also, Will's last name is actually his mother's, which is Solace.

Speaking of Solace... he was getting a lot of glares from Nico's end. Especially when he said something doctor-y.

"Are those organic?"

"Don't eat too much of that!"

"Wow, great food choice."

"That promotes sleep, which is really important." With that statement, he glanced over at Nico, but looked away just as quick. I'm not really sure what's going on there, but I barely know anything that's going on with this group anyways... so I'm not too worried yet. I probably won't ever be anyways.

But the picnic was fun. We talked, laughed, got yelled at, got pranked, played What Are The Odds and Hide-and-Seek. After getting yelled at by some adults, we retreated to the secret garden and swam around in the little pond. There, we played Capture the Flag, Marco Polo and 'Who Could Make the Biggest Splash?' I won that game.

Overall, it was a good day. Well... except for the whole Athena thing... that kind of worries me, but I don't really know what to think about it. I think that's why we stayed outside all day, was cause Annabeth was avoiding her mom.

In the evening, Annabeth and I went for a walk, mostly to talk about our feelings. It was really cheesy, so I'm not going to recap it. But long story short, I like her, she likes me, we're going to try and sneak out sometime soon for a date... once my sleep schedule is fixed and little things like that. Annabeth's gonna help me with that though, so it should go pretty quick.

Life is pretty great, now that I'm allowed to actually live it.

A/N-
Peepsles! I have a surprise for you! It's this chapter!

It's mostly a filler, as well as about 250 words shorter than usual... but it's something. Sorry about the wait again, I just haven't really had much inspiration. I mean, sure I've had suggestions (thank you VT1480 and PercyTheGryffinpuff ) but suggestions are different from inspiration. I kind of know what's going to happen in the next chapter, so hopefully that one will be out next Saturday, the 3rd of October.

On the other hand.... 3K reads?!! 🥺🥺 y'all are gonna make me cry, thank you so much for all the support and love, it literally means so much. Every time I get the notification that someone voted or commented, it literally makes my day. My friend asked what I was smiling at on my phone one day. Thank you all. Best peepsles ever 💜

Hope you liked it, please vote if you wanna ❤️

Published: Wednesday, September 23, 2020