2.3

A cough escaped my lips as I rolled over. I felt many pairs of eyes on me and my eyes shot open. The whole crew was staring at me. Groaning, I pulled the duvet up to my eyes until I heard them all end up laughing. A moan escaped my mouth as my head began throbbing again. "Shhhhh, my head hurts," my voice made it obvious that I was unwell. The laughter died down almost instantaneously and I heard someone get up and walk over to my bed. A hand was placed on my head which sent shockwaves of pain through my body. "Owww..." I whispered through the pain. The hand then stroked my hair gently before speaking.

"Her fevers gotten worse, guys," it was Shawn. A tiny sneeze came from me and a chorus of "awwwww"'s erupted through the room. "Shut up, I am not cute!" I yelled the loudest I could, which was practically me talking quietly. They laughed again and I turned over. "What about the meet 'n greet?" I questioned quietly. "You're not going." Hayes spoke up. "But, I have to." Sniffing, I started getting up until pain laced through my head again. "Okay maybe not, nevermind." I slowly laid back down.

"I'll stay with her," Gilinsky said. I shook my head. "No, I will. You deserve to go, Jack." Hayes stated then turned to me.

"No, both of you go," Cough. "I'll be fine," my voice was annoying me. "Ahah, no you won't." Hayes came and sat on the end of my bed and placed his hand on my knee. My throat was beginning to get sore and irritated. Bringing my hand up, I rubbed my head softly.

"You guys go, or you're gonna be late." His voice was gentle, probably not wanting to cause me anymore pain. I opened my eyes to see them all walking out silently.

"Get well soon, Haana," Nash said before closing the door behind him. Pulling out my phone, I flicked through my playlist. I didn't care if I was sick, I was listening to some music. Habits of my Heart by Jaymes Young started playing and a silence soon fell upon the two of us for a few seconds. I then felt the bed lighten and heard a little rustle. Opening my eyes a little, I saw Hayes taking off his shirt. There was a line running down his back to accent how toned it was. I held my breath and watched as he threw on the other shirt. For a fourteen year old he was a fine piece of heaven. His hair was done like Nash's and I was proud that he had chosen Nash to be his idol. Before he turned around I shut my eyes.

♚♛♔♕

"And your medicine
Is in my head,

You know,
I'd rather be alone
But then you called
Me on the phone ..."

♚♛♔♕

"How do you feel?" Hayes asked me as he felt my head. "Like shit." I replied simply. He chuckled, sat on an armchair and watched me. I stared back at him and a comfortable silence fell between us as music drowned out in the background.

♚♛♔♕

"Oh, the Habits of my Heart,
I can't say no,
it's rippin' me apart ..."

♚♛♔♕

"Do you want anything?" He asked after blinking a few times. Closing my eyes and scratching my neck I shook my head. "No, thank you," he crawled onto the bed and curled up next to me. He placed his head above my waistline as I was laying on my side. I hummed through a smile and felt fatigue wash over me again, but no sleep came. Stroking his hair I heard soft snoring erupting from where his head was placed. I looked down and saw him fast asleep, breathing through his parted lips. It made me wonder what time he went to bed last night. Shaking off the thought I continued to play around with his hair. My finger traced down his nose and across his jawline. It wasn't very distinct unless he 'positioned' himself correctly. and I kind of liked that. My thumb ran across his bottom lip. He leaned into my hand gently and I cupped his cheek with my right one. Smiling a small smile, I released a sigh and closed my eyes again and ended up drifting off to sleep.

♚♛♔♕

"It's hard to let you,
Go ..."

===================================================

very much a filler chapter, but i have a lot planned for this story so be prepared for so much to happen.

and also this is so far from the end tbh

-ani