2.6

hayes p.o.v

[songs of the chapter - Selena Gomez - the heart wants what it wants (only play them when i say though)]
My heart pounded in my ears, my eyes widening as realisation hit me. I had just seen Haana. The girl I'd been in love with for the past sixteen years of my life, which was quite literally my entire life. My best friend, the person my heart ached to see. And I just slammed the door in her face like I didn't even know who she was.

"Yo, dude, why'd you slam the door on Haana?" Johnson said getting up off the couch, his eyes staring at me while mine shut as I leaned my head against the door.

"He what?!" Nash's voice sounded over everyone's. He seemed angry, why, I didn't know. My eyes shot open when I heard heavy footsteps walk towards me. His hand clasped round my collar and pulled me off the ground. [play either burn/ like real people do until end of flashback] "Listen here, Hayes, I love Haana. For a long time now, I was there when she was hurting every fucking time and she chose you. She fucking chose you. You have no idea how lucky you are to have a girl like her love you. Even though I was there, you're always gonna be the knight in shining armour. Fuck you, Hayes fuck you." He threw me down and I landed on my feet harshly. He loved her. It was true, he was always there for her when I was being a little shit. He deserved her more than anyone, I didn't. He moved out and onto the balcony and leaned out over the handrail.

"Why don't you go after her?" My voice was soft, I didn't want to anger him any further. He turned around with tears in his eyes.

"Because she'll come running back to you every time." He pushed past me, our shoulders bumping as he walked out of my peripheral vision.

The thing he didn't know was that it was the other way round. If I ever broke her heart, she'd come running back to Nash. She always did. Always had.

-

flashback 2.0

"Nashy! Hayes stole my doggy toy!" Haana ran up to my older brother. We were three, he was six. Will was eight, but he didn't matter in this scenario.

"Hayes, give it back to her!" Nash's voice was annoyed, and stern. He snatched the toy from my arms and gave it back to Haana who was in his arms, his movements were gentle and caring. I was jealous, even back then.

"I was gonna give it back! He just had something in his fur, and I wanted to get it out." My hands were clasped behind my back as I rocked from heel to toe.

"You should've asked first ..." She moved out of Nash's grip and slowly walked over to me. The large fluffy dog look more like a lion than a dog, but I guess that was the point of the breed.

"I'm sorry, Haana, I know I should have." The golden brown of her eyes pierced into my blue ones, radiating the emotion of calmness. She was back to normal.

"It's okay," she said, throwing her arms around my neck.

We left to go and play, leaving Nash alone and envious of our friendship.

end of flashback.

-

A slamming sound knocked me out of my flashback. Looking around, I saw nobody. The others must have gone somewhere while we were bickering. I turned my focus towards the door, it was still closed, holding the entire world behind it. My entire world behind it. But I didn't deserve her, I never had. Nash had always deserved her, probably always wanted her. I was caught between what I wanted, and what needed to happen.

Opening the door, I ran down the hallway and looked around. Nothing. "Haana!" I called, running down another hallway. "Ha-" My thoughts were cut off as I saw her lavender coloured hair that reached down to her waist. She turned around, and her eyes reflected the emotion of hate and sadness. She turned back around and started walking towards the elevator. [start work song chorus;)]I watched her walk in, but before the metal doors shut I ran in and pressed her against the wall, my lips crashing down on hers. The taste of her lips a mixture of lipstick and strawberry chapstick. Our lips moving in harmony, and as cheesy as it sounded, it was as if they were made for each other. Her perfume lingered in my nostrils as I kicked the button that stopped the elevator. The lights went down and we stopped. The kiss bursted with passion and beauty, until we broke apart for air. Her golden eyes looked stunned, yet hungry as her gaze flicked down to my lips. I did the same, and went in for another rough kiss. Her teeth nibbled on my bottom lip and I smiled on her lips.

"You have no idea how long I've waited for this." My lips grazed hers as I spoke, butterflies making my stomach feel queazy and nervous.

"I think I've got a bit of an understanding." Her legs wrapped around my waist as her hands were snaked around my neck, my hands supporting her to stay up. Pecking my lips, she jumped down and pressed the button. The door dinged, and we were on the main floor. Haana walked out, and back up the stairs, turning around to wink at me. Biting my lip and smirking I watched her.

'Damn, she's a tease.' And her short, white tennis skirt wasn't helping either... Shaking my head I laughed to myself, and ran up after her.

-

We sat on the roof, talking about what had happened over the last year. Turns out a lot happened that I didn't know about. Her parents split up, her dad moved back to NC and apparently he moved back into the house. God, how did I not remember this? She had begun selling her art in the streets, painting pictures for people who wanted them.

She took a drag from her cigarette and turned to me. "What about you?" I took a breath out of my own, and looked out at the view. The sunset was soon fading away into darkness, and the city lights were turning on.

"Nothin' that Nash probably hasn't told you about already. I drank a lot, and went to a lotta parties. Got into the wrong crowd but managed to wear a smile in videos and shit."

"Yup, heard that. But I mean with your family. How's Skylynn? And Keeda? I miss that little pug..." Her voice trailed off and my head hung low.

"Uh.. She passed away a month ago ..." My voice cracked slightly at the thought of her. God I loved that dog.

"Oh my god, why didn't you tell me?" Her tone was soft as her own voice cracked. I looked up, and saw her sad facials, it tore my heart apart to see her like that.

"Well I tried to, but you never replied." I rolled my eyes.

"Excuse me? You never replied either!" She knew she was right. The tone in her voice was harsh, she only used it when she knew someone was either lying or had gotten their facts wrong.

"What are you talking about? Because unless you changed your number three times, I texted you everyday."

"Nah, that's not ri- oh shit that's why." She held her forehead. "Shit I forgot to say it was me in those texts."

"How the hell would you forget to tell me something like that?"

"Uh, I don't know maybe you would've known by the way I text people." She shrugged.

"You shouldn't have bothered, because girls who found my number faked shit and said they were you." Shaking my head I played with my shoelace.

"Bitches." The words were under her breath, but I still heard them. Laughing, I met her gaze again. We held the stare for a few seconds until I kissed her lips with an indescribable passion as the sun finally set behind us. The sun's rays shedding warmth onto us until they finally left.

We made our way downstairs hand in hand and walked into the apartment. Everyone was sitting on the couches watching Bobs Burgers. Laughing, we sat down and watched with them.

It felt just like old times when our lives weren't shitty, filled with hate, love and regret. Back when I was fourteen. When we felt something old, something new.

------

okay, final chapter is coming up next, BUT there will definitely be a sequel so don't worry my babes :)) ilygsm <3

oh and the beautiful girl in the media is the lovely @/_moon.goddess_ on instagram.
she is a fucking gorgeous girl and honestly she is so sweet, go check out her page and maybe follow :D

ani

ps) sorry if things moved on quickly during this chapter, but i just wanted to end this fanfiction so I could focus one my other ones haha