2.7

[song of the chapter - Hozier - like real people do]

nash's pov

i sat there on the armchair, watching the two, a fake smile lining my facials. she held his hand like she had always wished to. he stared down at her in a love so passionate it hurt. jealousy coursed through my veins like when we were younger. he had always gotten her affection, her friendship, her secrets. i was always the one she came for for advice, help and a shoulder to cry on when he made her cry. he always made her cry. and yet she still chose him.

i was always there for her. he was always the dick that was being quiet or just plain annoying. i didn't know whether it was me talking, or me being a brother. since i was the middle child i wasn't as spoilt as the other two, but i liked to think that i was my moms favourite.

flaskback 3.0

a scream erupted from the bathroom and a rush of footsteps came towards my apartment room.

"nash, nash, nash, nash, nash!" she screamed. leaping up from my desk chair, she clung to my arm in terror.

"what's wrong, babe?" i asked, concern running through my voice.

"th-there was something in the b-bathroom .." her words shaking as her fingers wrapped around my forearm. making my way angrily out of the room, i attempted to calm her down until i heard a laugh i knew so well.

"you dick cameron!" she said out of frustration. leaning her head against the back of my shoulder, she pressed her body closer to mine, feeling some kind of confident. "you're a dick, cam. you're a dick." she repeated herself multiple times. "i'm gonna go and cry in my room now." wiping away the tears that brimmed in her eyes.

"shhh, it's alright babe, c'mere." i took her into a hug and stroked her arms softly as she made whimpering noises. finding a seat on my bed, she snuggled into my neck and curled her legs up onto my lap. i whispered kind sayings to her until she calmed down.

        a few hours later, it was around 2AM and i heard a knock at my bedroom door. turning around i looked up to see who it was. it was her. a blanket was wrapped around her small, fragile body, jaxx at her side tilting his head to the left with his ears pointed.

"nash?" she whisper shouted.

"yes?" my voice was thick with sleep and croaked with every word.

"can i come sleep in her with you? i'm scared that cameron put something in my room to scare me again. i can sleep on the floor if you want." she suggested after her question.

"sure, and you can have the bed. i'll sleep on the floor,” i started getting out of bed until i heard shuffling steps come towards where I was now standing.

“don’t be idiotic nash, we can share the bed. you get left, i get right, and jaxx.” she jumped onto the bed and pulled me back down, the squishy mattress sinking beneath my weight. chuckling, i brought the duvet up to my nose and laid down on my back, my bare chest rubbing against the soft, white sheets. a sudden force pressed against my side and snuggled into the sheets inbetween us.

damn you jaxx.

looking over at her, i saw her arms wrapped around the dog as if he were a giant teddy bear. smiling, i silently drifted off to sleep, wishing that i could wake up to that everyday.

        the next day i took her to the petstore and bought her a dog. it might have seemed rash, but seeing her smile in the state she was in made me the happiest person ever. she picked out the biggest puppy there, a leonberger, and picked out a collar and lead and chose some toys, not to mention the gigantic bag of dog food and bowl she found. she insisted that she pay for all the other things, and i couldn't help but give in. we took the puppy into the car, and she set him in her lap.

"what're you gonna call him?" i questioned, resting my head on my hand as my arm leaned against the steering wheel. she thought for a second.

"either dallas, goliath, leonne or .. kenny." she responded, stroking the pup's head. he started barking at the passing cars, his tongue lolling in amused excitement. a smile lit her face as she watched him.

"i like goliath or kenny," i said, buckling my seatbelt. she was quiet for a second.

"kenny ..." she spoke softly, rently rubbing behind his ears. "welcome to the family, kenny." she kissed his head and we drove off.

end of flashback.

the thought of that day being not too long ago made me smile. but reality soon kicked in and i still couldn't believe that she chose him. i bought her a fucking puppy, and a loud one not to mention but the cutest thing i had probably ever seen.

i looked up again, and smiled sadly at them. haana's eyes staring into his as she smiled, his looking back, a wide smile spread across his lips. hayes leaned in and pecked her lips gently.

my heart shattered. even thinking of her name hurt.

but i continued smiling, and pretending to watch whatever was on tv, pure hatred flowing through my veins as they laughed.

she fucking chose him.

the end.