0.7

We still hadn't spoken for more than another three weeks.

Nash had given up on trying to make us friends again, so I had lost complete contact with them. I had made a new friend though, and he was the closest I could ever get to Hayes. Denhym. His name was Denhym. A little obsessed with horror movies, he was I guess I could say of normal height, short dark brown hair he always flicked up - why, ask him. In my opinion it looked like a quiff of hair - and he was pretty tan. With a suitable personality to suit. He was, simply putting it, my gender bender.

He was coming over after school, so I stuffed everything inside my wardrobe before hand. I hoped it hadn't contained a grave for my pet hamster.

- - -

Panting I screamed. "HA! I win." And opened the door. He had fallen back somewhere back there to check his phone. Typical. I flopped onto the couch, my breath beginning to slow. I heard the door close and a scream. "EWWWWW !!" I heard Dehymn screech.

"What the hell ?" I breathed before looking across the hall, and seeing him trying to get something off his bag. "Seriously? It's probbly just bird poop."

"Just ... bird poop ?" He gave me a sarcastic look, then snapped his fingers. We laughed and headed to the kitchen. "Hey, can we get pizza?" Denhym asked.

I gave him a look of disgust. "No." And shunned him for a minute. "But seriously no, I have something family related tonight and yeah, my mum is cooking."

Ah, my momma had no idea how to cook. Thank god for fathers.

"Ugh, CURSE YOU FAMILY STUFF!" He said. I laughed and we headed upstairs. Opening the door to my room I gasped. A large, black box sat on my bed. Too scared to move any closer, Denhym pushed me inwards, I soon heard an intake of breath from him too.

Sitting on the squishy bed, I sunk down, the box tilting a small bit, sending whatever was inside sliding a wee bit. An envelope sat on the top addressed to me, it seemed to eye me intently. Picking it up, I took the letter out and unfolded the piece of paper.

'Dear Pooh Bear ... ' my breath hitched already at those words.

'Sorry this is a little late, but I hope you enjoy your present.

Happy Birthday,

From Hayesboo ;)'

I felt a tear make its way down my cheek. Hayes had given me a present. A very big present indeed. He used to call me Pooh Bear when we were younger because I loved Winnie the Pooh. Carefully removing the lid from the box, I stared down at a wooden crate. It had something inscribed into the wood on the lower right hand corner.

'Happy Birthday

- Hayes'

He had even gotten it engraved. My heart raced as it skipped a beat. I lifted the large wooden crate out of the outer 'shell' and placed it on the floor. The small trunk was covered in beautiful carvings I didn't know the origin of. Lifting the lid, I quickly closed it, unable to take what was inside. I finally opened it fully, revealing an expensive range of watercolour paints, sketching pencils and paper. Stacks and stacks of beautiful paper. He must have remembered that I loved art. Art was my true passion. I had given him a sketching of us when we were two for his birthday present. I felt something drip on my thigh, I hadn't even realised I had been crying.

[okay, I'm sorry for the wait! but with school, family and friend problems gosh! I haven't had time to write .-.

Anyways, I hope you guys liked this chapter a small bit of emotion from myself, because I seriously want this for mah birthday D=

Hope you enjoyed =]

-Ani ]