0.9

"PASS IT OVER HAYES." I said whilst running after Hayes.

"NEVER !!" The blue eyed giant said as he ran away.

I leapt, falling ontop of him. I grabbed the bag of chips as he was laying there and raced up the tall tree. How did they have such a big backyard? Oh wait, they had the whole entire freaking lake. Once halfway to the top, I felt a hand on my foot. Dammit. I looked down and saw Hayes smiling up at me. Huffing, I sat on the branch and waited for him to reach the same spot as me. He sat himself on the branch across from me and I looked out across the lake. The sun was setting and it was honestly one of the prettiest sights I had ever seen. The light from the sun reflected off the water, there was nearly no breeze so my snapback - well, okay it was Hayes' but you know. - wouldn't fall off like it usually would. And I got to share it with my best friend.

I turned to look at Hayes, and saw him staring at me. A crooked smile plastered on his face. I gave him a shy smile of my own.

"You guys really have the best view in the neighbourhood, you know that?" I said as I sat next to him, my head on his shoulder.

"Yeah," he said plainly. I felt him nod his head. He was being strangely quiet. But then again, it was a beautiful moment. The butterflies erupted at that moment and reality struck me. I was in love with my best friend.

Of course, I knew I liked him, but seeing him when I hadn't for six years had really changed something. Something for the better. I didn't think you could fall in love at my age.

I felt Hayes plant a kiss on my head. My breathing stopped. I knew it was just a friendly reminder that he was there, that he was my best friend. But I couldn't help the feeling of what if...? I shouldn't have been stupid enough to think it, but you know. It's typical for a teen to think that.

"Hey, can I have the chips now?" I heard a voice from below, and looked down to see Nash standing below the branch we were on. Grabbing the pack of chips, I tipped it upside down, sending the chips down to Nash.

"HAANA!!" Nash screamed.

"What? You asked for the chips." I replied.

"I'm gonna get you!" He yelled and made his way around the trunk of the tree.

"Hamilton, it isn't nice to yell." I said, winking afterwards. That was going to piss. Him. Off. He hated it when I called him Hamilton. Why? Having a unique name was so much better. Not that Nash wasn't a unique name.

"Run." Hayes whispered as he jumped off the tree branch. I gave him a questioning look.

"Don't leave me!" I yelled. "Hamilton's after me!" I said before climbing closer to the top. Once the branches began thinning, I knew Nash wouldn't be able to get me. I stopped climbing, and looked down. A hand reached up, but missed my own hand ever so slightly. He missed. Thank god.

"Haha you can't catch me!" I teased in a sing-song voice. Yelping, I felt a hand grab my forearm and tug me. I slipped, and fell into the arms of the beast.

"Don't worry Pooh Bear, I'll slay your demons and won't let you fall." Hayes whispered into my ear and kissed my cheek. I looked down, and saw Nash sprawled across the ground, more chips sprinkled over him. Looking back at Hayes, our eyes met. It was a comfortable silence for a few seconds.

"Thanks Hayesboo." A large smile spread across my face. We stood there, for a few minutes, just staring at eachother. My dark brown eyes feeling oddly excluded as they stared into his baby blue ones. I thought I felt him lean in, but I noticed nothing other than his face. [ a/n: heh, sry weirdo here =P ]

"I think Hamilton died." I said as I looked down and saw that Nash hadn't moved. Of course, I knew that he was a good actor, but I felt that I should give into the bait for what I had done. I let go of Hayes reluctantly and jumped down, hitting the ground with a light thud. I felt something heavy being placed on my back.

"HAMILTON!" I screamed.

"Haana stahhppp." Nash whined.

"Okay, okay, I'm sorry Nash." I said whilst pretending to wave a white flag. "I surrender."

"That's better." He huffed.

"Can I get up now?" I asked him. I couldn't get up under his weight. Not that he was fat or anything, god no. But a 6 foot beast against a 5"2 fourteen year old? Heh, some chance I stood.

"No." He huffed again. I shook him off once he poured a few chips on my head and headed inside, Hayes close behind. Racing him upstairs, I ran to his room and leapt onto his bed. The squishiness of the large bed comforting. I actually spent 23 hours here 6 days a week, so this bed was practically mine too.

"Hey, Haana, can I tell you something?" Hayes asked, looking down at his shoes.

"Sure..." I replied, the nerves obvious in my voice. He sat down next to me, and held my hand. He stared at me while I stared back.

"Never mind. Wanna play some video games?" He asked. After agreeing, we ended up playing Amnesia. Can't remember which one, but I wanted to know what he was going to say, no matter how freaking scared I got.

- - -

Heyyyy =]

ooooooooh, things get a bit heated in this chapter [seriously though, did it just get hot in here, or was that just me?] this is around three weeks after the previous chapter just in case you're a bit confused =] so, yeah. that's actually all I can think of saying for once. ._.

Leave a vote, you know, if you want ... and a comment haha =]

-Ani