2.5

hayes p.o.v

A sigh escaped my mouth as I walked through the door. My eyes rolling as I saw how happy Nash was. God, why was I even here? I could've been at a party or something instead back home.

"We're gonna have so much fun," Nash said, extending the 'so'. Throwing him a weird look I scoffed.

"Stop being happy and shit," was all I said before he took a step toward me. He was still taller than me, but his intimidating act had no affect on me.

"Look you little shit, you're out here for a reason, and a good one so sort your shit out and get your head out of your ass." His finger pressed against my chest. My foot slid back, and I just rolled my eyes again as I walked up the stairs of the apartment. Opening the door to the guest room - a.k.a MY room - I threw down the Nike duffel bag I had in my hand and flopped onto the bed. Scrolling through my phone, I sighed again and adjusted the snapback that sat on my dark brunette hair. I had let it grow out like it used to be since my 'fans' liked it better that way. Haana liked it better that way.

My friends told me to get over her, and forget about her. But how could I throw the love of my life away? Just forget about her. Forget all the times we had.

-

flashback 1.0

I held her soft hand as we sat in my treehouse. She jumped up and the loose, dark pink dress she was wearing shifted slightly. Her jandals (flip flops) loudly smacking against her heels as she jumped towards the window. A toothless smile spread across my lips and I crawled after her. Jumping up I watched as she leaned on the window frame, her head resting on her arms. Her long, dark curly hair blowing in different directions as a gentle breeze ran its fingers through it. I pulled up my baggy jeans and hugged her, I could just feel her smile radiating happiness from her face. She turned to me and smiled, the majority of her teeth missing.

'I'm gonna marry you one day," my voice was high, and squeaky. Like a normal four year old boys.

"Your promise?" She questioned, her arms wrapped around my neck. I nodded.

"I promise," holding up my pinky, her smile widened. She wrapped her finger around mine and nodded her head.

end of flashback

-

'I'm gonna marry you someday.' were the only words that swam around my head. Images of her face were thrown in there too. Her hair, her teeth, her body. Everything. Her voice. I missed her voice, soothing as it was, even when she was mad and yeling at me. Shaking my head and running a hand through my hair, I sighed. My eyes trained on the floor as I sat up, and leaned my elbow on my knee, my other hand resting on the other knee, tapping away pointlessly in the silence. Taking in another breath, I closed my eyes, and laid back down. My hand behind my head as I stared at the plain white ceiling.

♚♛♔♕

"Yo, dude, good to see you." Johnson smiled at me and we high fived. I raised my eyebrows and pursed my lips.

"You too, man." My voice was scratchy and thick with sleep. Rubbing my eyes, my vision went slightly blurry. I sat down on the couch and Jaxx ran up to me, his snout resting on my knees. A small, genuine smile appeared on my face as I rubbed his neck, but soon faded away as I thought of Keeda. She had passed away a few months ago, and it made me even worse. She was my little lion in pug for . The smile returned to my face as Jaxx released a small bark. He jumped onto the couch as I laid back against the cushions, his body sprawled across my legs. I leaned down and hugged him, rubbing his back.

Breathing in the husky's scent, a sense of déjà vu ran through my mind. He smelt like Haana. The same perfume she wore was on his collar or something. A wave of sadness swept over me but I brushed it off, just inhaling more.

"Haana's gonna be so-" Jack was cut off by Nash making a slicing move over his neck like they did in the movies. My eyebrows furrowed and I turned around to see Jack scratching the back of his neck awkwardly. "You know what, never mind." He walked into the kitchen as an awkward silence settled upon the two of us. Switching on the TV, I flicked through the channels until I found absolutely nothing to watch. Hearing mumbling coming from the kitchen, I walked in to grab a drink.

Closing the fridge door and sipping the water from the bottle, Nash and Gilinsky threw me weird looks. I shrugged it off and examined the bottle in my hand. A knock sounded from the front door and my head shot up.

"I'll get it!" I yelled as I ran through the living room and to the door. My hand grasped the cold metal knob and twisted quickly. Swinging the door open, a subtle waft of perfume swooped towards me and my heart stopped. I had smelt that. Then turning towards the person that was leaning against the doorframe with their back towards me, my eyebrows corrugated and I leant on the door itself. With my arm resting above my head and my back hunched a little the person turned around. Her long, starry silver hair swept to one side as a cigarette hung from her lip.

Her voice was soft, and balanced beautifully. Her face was even more beautiful, better with age. Her dark brown eyes had lightened into a soft golden colour which in my opinion should've been impossible. Her cheekbones had become more defined and I had only just realised how raised they were. Her jawline was much more explicate and sharp, yet rounded at the joint. Her lips were much bigger, and appeared to be soft.

"Hayes?"

And with that I slammed the door, set my back onto it and slid down it like in the movies.

===========================================

oh god so much drama in everyones lives ..
but this chapter was short, i know and i am sorry for that. i'm making the next one extra long and detailed, but before that i have an announcement:
i am going to be redoing the first few chapters because they are terrible and short and im generally disappointed in them. so this is currently going to be 'under construction'
i hope you liked this chapter :))
-ani