Track 53. | Always Remember Us This Way

💿
"Lovers in the night
Poets tryin' to write
We don't know how to rhyme
But, damn, we try
But all I really know
You're where I wanna go
The part of me that's you will never die"

Song: Always Remember Us This Way - Lady Gaga.

* * *

Harry.

October 2nd 2017

I'll never forget the excitement I felt the day of your birthday, the first one we got to celebrate together, excited for the rest to come. But now we both know Angel, it didn't turn out that way, our first and last birthday celebrated together. We just didn't know that yet.

"Quiet bud, don't want to wake Mum up on her birthday" I laugh as Elton barks up at me once holding the small cake that I made, topped off with a two shaped candle, the only one I could find when I snuck out to the shops earlier.

Elton trots behind me as I walk up the stairs holding the sponge cake, the candle illuminating the dimly lit hallway.

I gently open the door looking in at her body laid amongst the large duvet swallowing her body up under neath. Her brown hair fans out on the pillow as she lets out little snores.

You always told me you never snored, Always denied it when I mentioned it. I always said i was joking, the truth is your snores never annoyed me, they were just another indication telling me you were alive and in my company, my real life angel.

I tip toe over to her sleeping body standing beside her as her back faces me. I nod for Elton to jump up on the bed. And when he does she sits up rubbing her eyes with a groan.

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you" I begin singing as she turns her head looking at me surprised and still dazed with sleep.

"Happy birthday dear angel, happy birthday to you" I finish holding out the cake in front of her face as she smiles up at me embarrassed before closing her eyes and blowing out the candles.

You never told me what you wished for that day, but I know it wasn't this. None of us ever wished for this angel, I just hope that whatever you wished for came through, you deserved all your wishes.

"How did you know?" She asks groggily as I sit in beside her in the bed. Elton makes his way up in the middle of us sniffing at the cake in my hand.

"That's for me to know and for you to never find out" I say with a smirk as she smiles at me with a shake of her head.

"Will told you?"

"Yep"

"I'll kill that bastard" she says with a yawn looking down at the cake that's now resting on the bed beside us.

"Why is there a two?" She asks laughing pointing at the sparky two shaped candle resting on top of the cake.

"They only had a two, didn't have a five" I laugh as she smiles placing a kiss of appreciation on my lips.

"We'll search for a five shaped one when your birthday comes" she says which makes my heart skip a beat at her words.

"You'll have to get a six one angel" I mumble as she places small kisses on my neck.