Track 47. | Hold on

It's short but, buckle up, you'll need it...

* * *

💿
"I don't wanna let go
I know I'm not that strong
I just wanna hear you
Saying, "Baby, let's go home"
Let's go home
Yeah, I just wanna take you home"

Song: Hold on - Chord Overstreet.

* * *

Bowie.

"Okay, I'm heading out for a cigarette break" I say standing up off Harry's lap on the sofa as everyone nods keeping their gaze on the TV. Niall's showing them all recaps of every season of RuPauls drag race so far. I know for a fact Harry's mentally taking notes of the fashion that he sees which warms my heart, he's getting so confident with who he is.

I make my way out of the living room towards the back door that's in the kitchen. We're in a huge house hidden in the woods much like any other house we've had. They all start looking the same after awhile.

I'm not surprised when Elton doesn't follow, he's been stuck to Harry ever since he started sleeping in my bed again, things are going so great between us two again.

Last week we had our first kiss in weeks. It felt different, it felt like something I've needed for all those weeks I went without him. I feel complete when I'm with him. I'm slowly forgiving him, I'm still weary of his tendencies to sway towards other people but, so far he hasn't given me any reason to not trust him...apart from the last time but we're starting over and it's going good, no Charlie no Violet, just us.

I happily open the back door stepping out into the darkness but quickly switching on the garden light above me as I feel uneasy being in the dark alone, creeps me out.

I turn around and face the door gazing in to see a perfect shot of the TV screen. I smile happily staying put as I take out a cigarette keeping my eyes on the screen watching the various drag screens talk laugh and sing. I can't hear them but I know what they're saying, me and Niall have watched the recaps so many times.

I look down flicking the lighter burning the end of the stick before turning my gaze back to the screen through the window in the back door. I let out a cloud of smoke happily watching the screen not caring about how dark it is and how I'm alone, I just needed a cigarette.

I smoke away on the stick as I see Harry and Niall laugh together on the sofa closest to the tv screen, my heart fills when I see his dimples shine through, I don't get to see them often, but when I do he looks so beautiful.

I flick the burnt cigarette filter on the ground standing on it. I blow out one last cloud of smoke staying put for a few seconds watching the end of one scene that I've been watching the last few minutes. The sounds of crickets buzzes from various insects fill my ears and the large empty space of the garden.

I put my hand on the door handle to walk in when I feel something metal press against my back through my T-shirt. I stop suddenly realising what it is; a gun.

"Don't move, back away from the door" the voice mutters behind me as I begin to shake slightly, I'm unarmed and out here alone. I can't shout, they won't hear me over the TV.

I let go of the door handle slowly listening to the voice, one wrong move and I'm shot. They guide me towards the darkest part of the garden, I can barely see in front of me. Their footsteps crunch on leaves behind me.