Track 45. | Crack The Shutters

💿
"Crack the shutters open wide
I wanna bathe you in the light of day
And just watch you as the rays
Tangle up around your face and body
I could sit for hours
Finding new ways to be awed each minute
'Cause the daylight seems to want you
Just as much as I want you"

Song: Crack the shutters - Snow Patrol

* * *

Harry.

It's 1am and Bowie is wide awake and stripping in front of us all in the living room. We got back from meeting my dad a few hours ago, I put Bowie into bed and twenty minutes later she was running around ready to party again.

"Take off your top! Take off your top!" Stevie and Quinn chant clapping their hands as Bowie stands on the coffee table with all of us on the floor gazing up at her. When she brings her hands down to the hem of her T-shirt something clicks in my mind and I tear her down off the coffee table before she could go any further. She doesn't like people seeing her without her clothes, and she may have forgotten that while drunk, but I haven't, and I won't let her beat herself up about it tomorrow either.

"Hey! It was getting good!" Niall says with Bowie's leather jacket over his head as that's where it landed when she shrugged it off and threw it away.

I hoist her over my shoulder and sit back down with her on the floor on my lap. "I think she's had too much to drink" I laugh as everyone eyes me suspiciously like I'm some overprotective person, I'm not, I just don't want her to do something she will regret.

"Thank you" she mumbles into my ear when she cuddles herself into my neck. Her front against mine while I keep her hands on my waist. Everyone goes back to what they were doing which is telling stories that they wouldn't tell sober. "For what" I mumble back out of ear shot of anyone around us. "Taking me down, I thought I was going to have to do it" she says again her breath hot against my neck, the smell of vodka and whiskey evident on her breath.

"You never have to do anything, don't think you do" I whisper back planting a kiss on the top of her head in her hair as she squeezes her arms around my neck.

"What about you H? Ever done it on a train?" Niall asks bringing me into the conversation while taking a sip of his vodka still wearing Bowie's jacket on his head.

"Plenty of times" I say with a chuckle as I hear Bowie lightly snore on my shoulder. I lean back against the sofa getting myself comfy as I keep her against me as she sleeps.

"Short cake is out like a light" Niall says again pointing at Bowie passed out on my lap. "I'm still mad at you for stopping her show!" Stevie says with narrow eyes as I roll my eyes "she was about to pass out, could none of you tell?" I say trying to make up an excuse they all shake their heads. "Well she was, and clearly, she has" I say rubbing my hand down her back as they all smile at the two of us. Great, I won't live this one down.

"Okay, I have a good story" Niall pipes up not letting anyone else tell theirs. "One time, me and Harry were out and met these two beautiful girls, like I mean gorgeous, tits and ass galore! Harry took the blonde while I took the brunette. And while you guys were out partying somewhere else me and Harry fucked them in our bunks" he smiles as I slap my hand up to my face trying to forget that night.

"But you two always have bunks next to one another" Stevie says looking at the two of us. Niall smirks "exactly, he heard me, I heard him".

I huff at his story pressing Bowie further into my chest as Niall smiles with a shit eating grin, he loves that story for some weird reason.