【30】- Cheesy Pickup Lines

The last two days have been a blur.

Thursday I took Jennie across Seoul to meet stylists, designers, photographers, and the venue owners. I also had to send out messages to all the press who would be invited. Graves took Jennie and her friends to dinner with the rest of the squad while I had a meeting with Mr. Kim and some of the more influential visitors who were bringing their own security detail. Let's just say I was bored out of my mind.

I mean seriously. How many times do I have to repeat myself? I reiterated my conditions for external security at least 50 times that night. I didn't get out of Mr. Kim's office until late into the night. Jennie was already sleeping in her bed when I came up. I debated if I should lie down with her and sleep, but my lovely phone decided to ruin the moment.

"Check your emails, you have paperwork to do." I groaned as I ended the call. I spent the rest of the night into the morning going through files and paperwork that the Chief sent me. We needed everything down pat or else multiple agents and civilians could get hurt.

"How long have you been up?" I turned to see Jennie sitting on the bed, stretching her arms. I glanced at the window and it was already light outside. I look at my watch, 9:05. I rub my eyes as I take a sip of my 10th cup of coffee. I think it was 10, but I could be mistaken.

"Few hours," I murmured under my breath, yawning. I don't think it was the lack of sleep that was affecting me so much, but rather the weight of what I was doing. I've never had to deal with anything that held this much importance before, even if the training officers tried to make me feel stressed.

Jennie loosely wraps her arms around her neck as I stare at the computer screen, quickly closing out what was opened before Jennie could read it.

"Go to sleep." She tries pulling me into bed but I stubbornly stay in my seat, checking my emails and my messages. I have to meet with the entire security detail to go over the routine for Sunday night.

I stood up and went to the bathroom, splashing cold water on my teeth and freshening up. "I'm going to be going out for most of the day with the rest of the team. Can you stay on the estate for the day?" I look at Jennie who has her arms crossed, her eyes darting between me and the empty bed. I quickly change out of my clothes for something more comfortable as I put all of my blueprints and layouts in a bag. Jennie continues to stare at me as I pack.

"I promise, I'll sleep when I get back."

When I got back to the house, it was almost midnight. I quickly changed into some sweatpants and a t-shirt as I climbed into bed next to Jennie. I assume she felt my presence since she turned in her sleep and buried herself in my chest, making herself comfortable.

I had one hand around Jennie while the other one was scrolling through my phone. The number of emails and messages I received was horrendous. I didn't even bother dealing with any of the issues that needed my attention, instead, I threw my phone on the floor and went to sleep.

I dedicated most of today to reading my emails and finalizing anything that needed to be looked at. Some minor problems within the agency needed my attention, and Roth kept messaging me that Graves snores. When everything was mostly finished, I decided to slip out of the estate for some alone time. I told Jennie I was going to visit a friend who was visiting, which isn't entirely wrong.

My friend just happened to be the daughter of one of the biggest mafia in America and the owner of the club I'm currently at.

I take a sip of my drink, scrunching my nose as it hits my pallet. I look at the girl next to me, "You have horrible taste, Tzuyu." She just throws her head back in laughter as she finishes her drink in one sip. She quickly shoots her head up and smiles, pointing to the door. I don't even have to look to know who it is.