【34】 - Striking a Deal with the Devil

Agent Graves' POV

"Commander Phoenix. Agent Manoban asked me to call you" I stare blankly at my wall in the Kim's mansion.

"What happened?" It sounds like she just woke up.

"I don't know. She just said to call you if she didn't contact me within 24 hours. She said something about the plan." I could hear her shuffling and then sighing in annoyance.

"Don't do anything. Don't engage or go after her." She says calmly. I could feel my anger rise.

"You're not going to do anything for her?"

"That's no-"

"You're not going to help your own daughter?" I angrily cut her off. Commander or not, this was her daughter.

"How much did she tell you?" She whispered into the phone.

"Enough." I scoff back at her.

"Obviously not enough if you think I'm going to leave my daughter in the hands of her psychotic brother."

"Alpha Squad is go-" Now it's her turn to cut me off.

"You're going to stay there and wait for me to come. When Ghost calls, which he will gloat, you're going to tell him you'll bring Jennie Kim. Don't argue, just follow it. Jennie will not be in any danger, but you can't let your team know. I need their reactions to be real. Do you understand me, Agent Graves?"

"Yes ma'am."

"Good." I lower the phone from my ear as I throw it on the bed. I go to the bathroom to brief my squad about what's happening. We've currently doubled the security on Miss. Kim and I've moved into Manobans old room across the hall. I go to Alpha Squad's section of the Kim's estate, sitting on their couch. I twirl around Manobans dagger in my hands, wondering what's so special about it.

"Has she called?" I look up to see Miss. Kim standing at the doorway. I shake my head. She leans against the doorframe and starts to cry. I sheathe the dagger and help her up into one of the seats. She leans on me as she continues to cry.

"She's tough, Miss. Kim. We will hear from her in a few days." For everyone's sanity, I hope we do.

The next few days are all blurred together. Miss. Kim refuses to see anyone except for her assigned bodyguards and stays in the squad's section of the house. Her parents are worried about her health since she isn't eating or sleeping well.

"Miss. Kim, you need to eat," I say, offering her a bowl of soup. She just glares at me as she stares at the floor. I shake my head as I hand the bowl to White, who is the only one who can reason with her. I walk towards the other side of the room when my phone rings.

He will gloat

I assume this is Ghost, so before I pick it up I motion for everyone to stay quiet. I put a nearby desk so that I could see the video. I answer it and I see Ghost, laughing.

"Hello everyone! Just thought I'd show you what my little sister is doing right now!" He enters a dark room with two other men following him. He then turns the camera and the four of us gasp.

Lisa is being held by two men, barely conscious. She has multiple cuts and bruises all over her body. Some of them look a few days old, while the other ones look like they just happened.

"Add some more here, and a few more on her legs." Ghost says, making sure we can hear and see one of his men slash at Lisa's legs and shoulder.

"Is that Lisa?" I look up to see Jennie standing up from her seat, rushing over. Williams and White try to restrain her, but she catches a glimpse of Lisa.