【19】- An Angel With a Shotgun

[A/N] If you get the reference in the title you're cool

He looks at me, confused. "What do you mean, 'a dead man'?"

"Please, you can't fool me even if you tried Jungkook. Carson died three hours ago on a mission. Funny enough, he died to your boss." I cock my head to one side, smiling. He has nowhere to go now.

He throws his arms up in frustration, obviously annoyed that I've figured it out so quickly, especially since his death was so recent.

"Another thing," I quickly add, "is that Carson never gives his badge number to anyone, even the Chief, until they give theirs first. I didn't hear Smith give his badge number. Now, I'm going to ask you this once, what are you doing here?"

"I thought you said you'd shoot me on the spot if you saw me again, last time I checked, I have no bullet holes." He quickly checks all over his body and then fakes a disappointed look. In an instant, I have Nyx out and pointed at him. He gives me a little grin.

"I'm sparing you because of the week I thought you were giving me off" I growl. Before he says anything, he motions towards my earpiece, then makes a motion for me to cut it off. I quickly shut both my earpiece and my cuff links.

"I am giving you the week off, but I was thinking about what you said and I wanted to talk about it. Phone calls get traced so I just told Ghost I'd stalk you in Thailand, and if the seven days end there, I'd finish you off." He whispers, leaning forward so that I would be the only one to hear.

"Gee, thanks." I bite back on the sarcasm ever so slightly as I see the concerned look in his eye. "But..?"

"No buts, just more of a warning. Ghost knows you care for that one," he points back to the main portion of the plane, obviously referring to Jennie, "more than the others. He wants you to feel his pain of losing someone close, and she's the only close person you have who's not an agent or ex-agent. So I'm just telling you to watch your agents. I don't know who, but someone in the three squads of agents that Aeternum isn't who they say they are."

"Why doesn't he just shoot you?" I mutter under my breath

"Aww, does that mean you care about me?" He puts his hands on his heart and pretends to melt.

I just roll my eyes, about to make a smartass remark when the cockpit door is thrown open, and a very worried Smith enters, gun pointed at Jungkook.

"You never responded to the comms Manoban," He says through clenched teeth. I mentally smack myself. I grab a pair of cuffs from my back pocket and slap them on Jungkook, smiling as he grimaces under the tightness of the cuffs.

"Aren't you supposed to make sure your prisoner is taken care of in your custody?" He mutters under his breath.

"One, that's in America, Korean laws are completely different. Two, I think I'm being very hospital to you," I look at Smith, "don't you?" He furiously nods his head, and I turn back to Jungkook, tightening the cuffs even more as he hisses in pain.

I dismiss Smith with a nod of my head, "I'll take care of him myself, make sure Jennie is okay. We take off in ten." He nods and moves from the doorway. I roughly shove Jungkookforward, he stumbles out of the plane as I just give Smith a mock salute.

When we're back to the gate, I release his cuffs, he rubs his wrists, annoyed that I almost cut off his circulation. I start heading back to the plane when he calls out to me. "I'll see you in Thailand, Rye." I just give him a peace sign as I continue to walk to the plane.

I close the plane's door and lock it, reactivating both of my comms, as well as notifying the agents of the all-clear. I turn to the cockpit to get this puppy ready to fly. As I walk in, I see Smith leaning back in the co-pilot's chair.