【17】- Barbie Girl with an AK

Agent Manoban's POV

I motion for her to take a seat on my bed as I place my leather bracelet and wallet on the bed.

"Graves, come into my room," I say into my earpiece that I just remembered was still in my ear. Jennie tilts her head in confusion as Graves comes into my room. He was about to say something before he stares at Jennie, then my stuff on the bed, then back at me. His eyes widen as he slowly realizes what I'm going to do.

"No." He says flatly. I fold my arms across my side and stare at him. "They could have my badge, your badge, hell our entire team's badge. You're not allowed to discuss this stuff with clients."

"The others won't know, and you can easily deny any claims. If they ask me, I'll tell them you have no part in it. What are they going to do to me? Throw me in a jail cell with Barney?" I scoff. "plus, they wouldn't take my badge, half of them are scared to death of me." I add the last bit a little lower. He thinks about it, before fully stepping into the room and then closing the door.

"What do you want me to do?"

"Just tell me when to stop." He nods his head slowly as he leans on my dresser, looking at Jennie.

I take the wallet and dump out its contents. About 10 different IDs fall out, a credit card, and some cash. I turn around and grab my physical badge from one of the drawers and place it in front of her. I take the IDs and spread them out. Each one is different depending on who I need to show it to. Some classify me as a simple detective of the local precinct, others classify me as a deadly agent working on the international level.

"What do you make of all this?" She runs her hands through all the IDs, reading some of them and then throwing them back in the pile. She reads my ID for the agency.

"Special Agent Manoban. Level A clearance. I already know you're a bodyguard, though."

"What?" I turn around to see Graves' face as I laugh at his bewildered look. "How do you have Level A clearance? I only have Level C as a team leader. Level A is restricted for the Commander, Chief, and General."

I shrug giving him an innocent look, "Commander Phoenix favors me." He grumbles some things under his breath about favoritism, I just wave him off.

"I'm more than a bodyguard. Your father knows who I am, but you've only seen the surface of who I am and what I do." I can see she doesn't understand me, so I try to make it easier for her to understand the gravity of this situation.

"You were asking about my scars, yes?" I see her nod her head as she runs her fingers on my bracelet. "I'll make you a deal. I'll give you the story of any scar you want if you give me a story. Doesn't matter the story." She nods her head as I slowly turn so she can see all of my scars. The ones that I don't want her asking about are still concealed under my sports bra and pants, so I don't mind. She points to the scars on my wrist, usually covered by my bracelet and makeup.

I nod thoughtfully at her choice. There are many stories that go with those scars since I've been chained up so many times. I guess I'll give her the most recent one.

"Four months ago.."

FLASHBACK - FOUR MONTHS AGO

[Somewhere in Berlin]

I woke up to freezing cold water on my face and the rest of my body. I look up to see my captors smiling at me as I kneel on the floor. My arms are bound with spiked chains to prevent movement and to prevent me from pulling myself up. My legs are bound with shorter chains so that if I do decide to get up, well, I just wouldn't be able to.