Crush //spot conlon

You sat on the edge of the rooftop, swinging your legs gently as you looked out over the dim lights of the city. Behind you you heard soft footsteps. Out of the corner of your eye you saw your best friend sit down next to you.

The two of you sit in silence for a few moments, before the boy next to you says, "Why wasn't ya at the rally?"

"Just needed... space, I guess." You mumbled, not wanting to disclose the fact that the reason you didn't go was because you had felt yourself growing feelings for him over the past few days, and were trying to attempt to curb them. The fight you had had earlier with him didn't help that either.

Your friend, crush, and confidante in all things-- except for one, obviously-- nodded slowly. "I'se glad ya didn't come." He said.

You felt a wave of anger, hurt, and slight surprise wash over you. You had thought you were at least friends-- he was your closest friend, even if he didn't return your feelings.

"No, Y/N, I didn't mean it like dat." The boy said quickly, seeing your face. "It was bad; somebody brought in da bulls. They took Jack, told the rest o' us we had ta come ta court tomorroa or we's'll be facin' extra charges. People, uh... people got hurt. I don't want you ta get hurt, which is why I said dat." He realized he was rambling and stopped talking, looking out over the city.

"Mhm." You said. You had already forgiven him.

"Anyway." Your best friend said. "I, uh, I wanted ta talk to ya about somethin'."

"Yeah?" You said.

"Yeah. I... embarrassed myself in fronta my crush earlier t'day."

You compressed your lips. You had heard him talk about his crush before, but had never met her. And every guess you took was met with a scornful "Not likely."

"We had a fight." He continued. "I think she's still mad at me."

"Mm." You said. "You'se fightin' everyone today... your crush, me, the bulls..."

"Durin' the fight I fell off a my throne. Right inta da rivah." He said, shooting a side eye at you, which you completely missed.

"You'se been doin' that a lot too." You replied, thinking of how he had fallen in earlier.

"The thing is, Y/N, I like her a lot. An awful lot. An' I'se honestly... I'se scared ta tell her." He whispered the last part.

You swallowed. "She must have ya whipped pretty bad, then." You said, knowing you could never live up to that. 

"Oh, she does." Your best friend said, taking off his cap and running his fingers through his hair. You looked away, not wanting him to see how much of an effect that had on you. "She does." He repeated with a sigh.

You nodded slowly. Nothing else was said for what feels like an eternity, until you broke the silence. "If ya like her so much, don't... don't just sit here mopin'." You said with forced levity. More as an attempt to give yourself some time then anything else. "Go do somethin' about it."

Spot nodded slowly. "You'se right." he said, turning towards you. He had a look in his eye you had never seen before. 

You nodded back. "I know. I usually am."

He smiled softly. "'Cept when guessin' who it was."

"I haven't met her, have I?" You asked.

"You have."

"But I'se guessed every girl I know."

"But one." Spot said, leaning closer to you. The closest he'd ever been. 

"I told ya ta go do somethin' about it." You shifted slightly. "Why're you still here?"

"I already am." Spot said, before leaning in and brushing his lips against yours. Gently, softly, not wanting to push you. Once he felt you kiss him back, which you did the second you registered what was happening, he smirked into the kiss, his hands finding your waist to pull you closer towards him. Still gentle, but at the same time filled with passion. 

When the two of you finally broke apart for air, Spot rested his forehead on yours. "Y'know, Y/N, you'se amazin'. But you can be awf'ly shortsighted at times."

"Shut up and kiss me again."