Movies pt 2 //racetrack higgins

The first time had ended on good terms, with a "see you later" and a blush on each of your cheeks. So why were you so nervous to do this next double-date with Spot and Flo? You'd gone on a couple more doubles with them (and Race), but hadn't gone back to this theater yet. 

Whatever the cause, you didn't want to back out. Both because you didn't want to and because you didn't want to ruin it for everybody else. 

So you and Flo stood waiting for the boys again, and just like last time they showed up with small, adorable, smirks. 

"Hey Y/N." Race greeted with a grin. "Long time no see." 

"It was last week." You said, rolling your eyes good naturedly. 

"That's a long time. I haven't been alive that long, you know, so every week is a long time." 

You had to admit he had a point. He also had popcorn, which he was offering to you, and which you accepted happily. 

"Coupon?" You asked with a little grin. 

"You know it." He grinned back. "Well, actually, not this time, but I mean we're on an actual date now so I think it's worth it." He admitted after a second. 

You blushed a little bit. "Thank you." You offered, but he shook his head. 

"Thank me later." He said with a wink, pulling you into the dark theater. Hooray for the dark, because you were blushing way more than you had been earlier. What on earth was that supposed to mean? 

This time there were seats closer together, two in one row and two directly behind them. You and Race claimed the front two, leaving Spot and Flo to take the others. Settling back in the comfortable chairs, you smiled a bit. 

"Happy?" Race asked in a whisper, catching light of your smile. 

"Oh- yeah." You said softly, nodding a little. "Just remembering last time." 

Race grinned a little. "That was pretty great. I didn't know I was that smooth, to tell you the truth." 

"To tell you the truth I didn't think you could have pulled that off." You admitted. "And it definitely wasn't the direction I thought it was heading."

"What would have happened if it had been the direction you were thinking it was heading?" Race asked, his eyes fixed on your face and a curious light in his eyes. 

"Well... there wasn't any chocolate in what I was thinking." 

Race leaned in a little, bringing a hand up to cup your cheek slightly and gently turn your face to face his. Leaning still closer, he blinked slowly, parting his lips the smallest amount and whispering, "I brought Skittles this time if you'd prefer."

You blinked slowly, unable to stop the small giggles that burst from your lips, even if it wasn't exactly what you were expecting this time either. "Well--" 

"Or I could do this." Race continued, leaning in more and touching his lips the slightest amount to yours. His lips were soft and questioning, and you barely had time to register what had happened when a small object hit your cheek. Pulling away, Race glared behind them to Spot, who was wearing a smug expression. 

"PDA, guys, holy cow." He said, tossing another piece of popcorn, which got stuck in Race's hair. 

Race ignored him, turning back to you. "Should I have stuck with the Skittles, or..." 

You silenced him with a tiny peck on his lips, pulling the piece of popcorn from his hair. "Nah, this was good."