Forbidden //jack kelly

A/N: Realllllly original title here 😌 Requested by @lunarmoonatnoon. I hope you like it!

You slipped silently out of the house, heading for the back garden wall. You were never allowed to leave the house alone, much less at night. Ergo, the reason for the secrecy. Glancing from side to side, just to ensure that no-one had seen you, you opened the lock on the gate, placing it softly back in place behind you. 

And there, Jack was waiting. 

"Hiya, Princess." He whispered from where he leaned against the stone wall. His hat in place, casting shadows over his face that were aided by the slightly flickering light of the streetlamp. 

"Hiya, Cowboy." You whispered back, walking over to him. He stood upright as you approached, and you gently pushed his hat off, pulling him down by his bandanna for a soft, sweet kiss. 

"What're we doing tonight?" You asked when the kiss was broken, your forehead resting against his. 

"I thought we'd see a show." Jack said, his voice still soft. 

You nodded slowly. "But I might be recognized." You voiced your only concern. Sneaking around like this, at night, behind everyone's back was risky. It was the only way you could see Jack though, so you did it anyway. But there was a difference between walking and stargazing in a park and going to a heavily crowded theater, where there would surely be at least five people who associated with your parents.

"That's why we ain't goin' the normal way." Jack flashes a grin at you, his white teeth shining. 

You didn't know if he knew how much you loved his accent. The thick drawl so different from the posh upper-class speech that surrounded you so often. Little did you know, Jack knew all too well, and purposefully laid it on a little thick when around you. Especially if he was leading up to a kissing session. 

"Lead on then, Mr. Kelly." You said with a soft smile. Jack offered you his arm, which you took gently as you strolled to Irving Hall, which was located only a couple blocks from your house. 

When you arrived, instead of leading you through the main entrance, Jack took you around the side. Going in through a small 'stage management' door. 

"Are we supposed to be back here?" You asked Jack softly. 

"Don't worry. I'se got connections." He whispered back, his grin still in place as he led you up to a box currently being used for storage. But that had two seats, dusted off and cleared, facing out towards the stage. 

"Nobody's gonna bother us up hea." Jack smiles at you, escorting you to the seats. 

"All alone in a private box." You smiled back at him. You had been in private boxes before. With your parents, and their friends, and their friends' children, your 'peers'. But it was infinitely better sharing one with Jack. 

"Mhm." Jack winked slightly at you, and you stifled a small giggle. 

"Oh, the show's starting." You said, turning to watch in an attempt to hide your small blush. Jack noticed it, of course. More intent on watching you watch the show than actually watching the show. But he remained quiet, smiling happily to himself that you seemed to be enjoying the date. 

At the intermission, Jack stood. "Need anythin', Princess? A drink, food, anythin'?" 

You shrugged a little. "I can get it-" 

But Jack shook his head. "I don't want ya gettin' recognized. That'd put an end ta all our fun." He winked again. "So, need anythin'?"

"Surprise me." You said, smiling at him. Jack grinned, nodded, and left. Soon returning with two sodas in fancy glasses. 

You took one from Jack with a nod of thanks. He smiled back at you, clinking your glasses together as the show began again. 

After the show, you snuck out together the same way you had come in. "I wish we didn't hafta sneak around." Jack sighed softly, wrapping an arm around you was you walked out the doors of the hall. 

"I wish so too, Jack." You sighed. Leaning into his strong arm. "But you know we can't, not yet." 

"Why not?" Jack asked, pressing. "Why can't we be together, show the world we love each otha?"

"Maybe once my sister's married. If she marries well, like to the boy she's currently seeing, I may not have to." You said softly. "And I hope so, I hope a million times that we will be able to be public."

Jack sighed again. "I'm sorry, Y/N. I didn't mean ta push ya. I know wit' yoah family an' stuff... they won't accept a street rat like me." 

"I'll accept you." You say, not wanting him to beat himself up any longer, like he had in the past. "I will accept you just the way you are, even though you ain't rich, even though you ain't statuesed, because I love you."

Your words bring a smile to Jack's face as you arrive back at your back gate. 

"I love you too Y/N." He says softly.

You smiled, tugging him closer by his bandanna again. "I know." You said, pressing another gentle kiss to his lips. He tasted of the soda he had drunken earlier, a taste that brought a smile to your lips. 

"Goodnight, Jackie." You said, breaking the kiss after a few seconds. "See you tomorrow."

"G'night Princess." Jack replied, watching your disappearing figure, leaning slightly on the gate. "See ya t'morrow."