Names //spot conlon

"Well look who it is, the King himself." You remarked from your bunk as Spot Conlon strolled into the Manhattan bunkroom, cocky as ever despite having come to settle accounts. 

"Missed me, doll?" He asked, smirking up at you. 

"Not particularly, babe." You replied, the sarcasm so thick in your voice you were surprised the words could come out. 

"Just go ahead and admit it, buttercup, you were waitin' for me." He said, taking a seat across the table from Race and gesturing for him to deal him in, eyes never leaving you. 

"You wish, darling." You said, strolling over to the table. 

"You bet I do, love." He said, smirk widening as he viewed his cards. "Nuh uh, no peeking, sweets." He added, shielding his cards from your view.

"What, not even for a pretty please, sugar?" 

"Not even then, angel." Spot said. You huffed softly, taking a seat next to him and picking up your own cards. 

"I wish you two'd stop flirtin' already and get to the kissing, I could use the money." Race said as the game began with a roll of his eyes. 

"Money?" 

"See, we'se got a bet goin', what day of the week it'll be on. Mine's Tuesday, so if you'se gonna do it do it today, a'right? Cause I can't stand another week of this, but I still wanna win." 

"Sorry Racer, but it ain't gonna happen." You told him bluntly, showing your hand.

Spot smirked, tossing his down. "Don't talk too soon, beautiful, you might regret it." 

"What's that supposed to mean, 'King'?" You asked, adding extra sarcasm onto the 'title'.

"Just sayin', sweetheart." Spot remarked coolly, pointing at his winning cards. "A kiss from me might be in the cards." 

"Don't count on it, dear." You replied, standing up quickly to hide your slight blush. 

"I won't, honey, much as I'd like to." Spot said with his smirk back on his face, gathering the cards again and inspecting them carefully before giving them back to Race. 

"Well you shouldn't, baby, you might regret it." 

"If you hate me so much, sunshine, why're you spending so much time 'round me?" He asked, smirk widening again as he tilted back in his chair. 

"Never said I hate you. Even though I do, lover boy." 

"In your dreams, amore." Spot replied, eyes locking onto yours. "You're totally in love with me, an' you know it too." 

"No, no, you know it, handsome. There's so much you wanna do to me, ain't there, you wanna kiss me so bad-" 

Spot stood up now, eyes still locked on yours as he grabbed your wrist, gently pulling you back towards him. 

"What are you doin', Conl-" You began as his lips leaned in and landed onto yours the lightest amount possible, as if scared. You couldn't help but kiss him back, which was apparently a signal, since he began to kiss you in earnest. 

"I hate you." You said when the kiss broke, trying to convince yourself. Trying not to recognize what the unsteadiness in your knees meant, the racing of your heartbeat, the need that your lips tingled with all meant.

"Hate you too, L/N." He replied, his eyes twinkling slightly. 

"Mhm, screw you, hot shot." You fired back, before you leaned in and kissed him again, quickly. 

He laughed, softly, taking your hand and pulling you towards the door as Race began demanding money from everyone in the room. "Let's get outa here, princess."

But this time the nickname sounded real.