A Girl pt 2 //spot conlon

You scrawled a quick note on a piece of paper, leaving it on the dining room table, an easy to see place that your dad would definitely notice if he got home before you did. That done, you grabbed the house key and scampered out the door.

Spot stood waiting on the sidewalk, a slightly drooping Shasta daisy in his hand. He brightened when he saw you, a smile coming to his face as he handed you the flower and you looped your arm in his.

"Where are we goin'?" You asked. After spending so much time around the Newsies-- you had grown close to them, like brothers, since the strike-- you had begun to develop a little bit of an accent. You saw Spot (and the others, of course) quite frequently, but the last time the two of you met he had asked if you would mind if he showed you something, just the two of you. Of course, you accepted. 

"I toldja, it's a s'prise." Spot smirked at you as he led you down the streets. 

You asked him a few more times, but each time he repeated the same answer. Or rather, non-answer. Eventually you figured it out, right as you saw the green bushes and trees that signified Corlears Hook Park. 

"The park?" You asked. Spot nodded, a questioning and, to be honest, slightly nervous expression on his face.

"Dat a'right?"

"Of course!" You said. You had grown quite fond of the Brooklyn newsie during the time you had known him, and were pleased to spend as much time as you could with him. 

"Good." Spot smirked again.

The two of you strolled through the park casually, chatting eagerly about anything that came to mind. You were definitely enjoying the experience, but still wondered why exactly Spot had wanted to bring you here.

You were about to ask him as much when he pulled you down a small turn-off of the main path, around a bend so you couldn't be seen from the road. 

"So... Y/N... da park was only half o' da s'prise." Spot said, looking decidedly nervous now. 

"What's the other half?" You asked, feeling a slight blush come to your cheeks, although you didn't know why. 

"Well..." Spot turned to look at you, holding your hands in his. "When I saw ya in Tibby's... I wasn't expectin' ta see a goil in deah, not when we was plannin' da newsie strike. An' ya sorta caught me off guard, a li'l... an' I nevah had seen any goil like ya... what I'se tryin' ta say is, Y/N Denton-" Spot hesitated for the briefest second, as if he was mustering up his nerve, before blurting out, "Willyousedomedahonorofbeinmegoil?"

You didn't know what to say. Your mouth was dry and your throat seemed to be clogged, and you couldn't force the words out of your mouth, however desperately you wanted to say them. So instead you just kissed him.

Soft and sweet, at first, just your lips brushing his, until he responded with a passion, gripping your hands tighter like he was afraid you were going to slip away, but somehow still gently, like he was afraid that you might break. Eventually it came to an end, as all good things must. The two of you broke apart, giddy smiles coming to your faces. 

"So I'se gonna take dat as a yes?" Spot said, beaming at you.

"Yes." You said, managing to say it. "That is definitely a yes."