Thunderstorms // kid blink

A/N: I'm not too good at writing... whatever this is... so it's short... enjoy?

Another loud clap of thunder shook the Lodging House as lightning flashed through the sky. The raindrops fell on the roof in a staccato beat like horse's hoofs. The newsboys slumbered on; they weren't going to let a little storm disturb their rest. They got little enough of it as it was.

Another thunderclap; this time, one of the boys awoke. He lay in his bunk for a couple seconds, trying to fall back asleep, when he heard another noise. Not a loud noise of the storm, a quiet noise. A sobbing. He slipped out of his covers and made his way over to the small area that the newsboys had sectioned off for you with curtains strung from the ceiling to give you some measure of privacy.

He stuck his head into the room and saw you huddled on your bed, wrapped in your thin blanket. When you saw him you tried desperately to stop your crying, but another thunderclap sounded and you flinched violently.

"Hey, hey, it's a'right Y/N." Blink said, rushing over to your bedside. "It's a'right." 

"Stay?" You whispered.

"'Course." Blink said, and you opened the blanket to engulf him. He snuggled next to you and wrapped a consoling arm around your waist. Another boom sounded, seeming to shake the building to its very core. You shivered and Blink pulled you to him, whispering comforting words.

"Shhh, it's okay, Y/N. Ise heah now. It's okay. Shhh."

Eventually you fell back asleep, your drawn face relaxing slowly as the wrinkles on your forehead smoothed flat. Blink carefully laid you down on your bed and pressed a kiss to your forehead. He tried to get up but you were clutching his hand with a grip that seemed unusually strong for someone  your size, especially in your sleep. Blink didn't want to wake you again, so he carefully eased down next to you on the bed. Soon he too fell asleep.

Morning came all too soon, and Blink woke to find you snuggled right up next to him, your head on his shoulder and an arm draped over his waist. He smiled at the sight of you, resting peacefully, and it was to that sight that you woke up.

"Oh!" You sat up quickly, your hair mussed. "I-I'm sorry-- I didn't-"

"It's okay." Blink said, smiling at you from his spot on the bed. "Sleep well?"

You nodded a little. You had slept well after Blink had come. 

"Then dere's no problem." Blink said. "Now, we still has a li'l time before we has ta go sell--" he patted the bed next to him. "An' if it's okay wit' youse I'd like ta use dat time."

Your cheeks turned a little pink and you lay back down next to Blink.

"Dere we go." Blink snuggled into you, wrapping a long arm around you and you hugged him back, a smile creeping slowly over your face. 

"I hope it storms again tonight." Blink mumbled into your hair nearly inaudibly.