Irish //spot conlon

A/N: As I have said: Spot Conlon 450% owns a "Kiss Me, I'm Irish" T-shirt. Jack gave it to him and he pretends to hate it but he secretly loves it. Oh, Race also owns one even though he's Italian, he says that since they both start with 'I' so it still counts. Anyway, on with the oneshot-- (modern AU)

"I am not wearing that." Spot said, his arms crossed over his chest as he sends laser eyes boring into the shirt laid out on the bed. 

"Yes you are." You replied, picking it up and tossing it at him. 

"No, I'm not." Spot replied, unnmoving, even as the white fabric drapes itself over his head, shielding his face from your view. Which is good, since a small smile flickers over it despite himself, before he regains his composure. "The King of Brooklyn would never be caught dead wearing something so tacky." 

"Come onnnn." You teased, pulling your own shirt over your head, a green shirt embossed with gold clovers. Considerably less tacky than his own, he couldn't help but note. "It's Saint Patrick's Day!" 

"So? There's no way I'm wearin' that." 

"Please?" You said, biting your lip as you inch towards your husband-of-exactly- one-month, pulling out the puppy dog eyes you knew he couldn't resist. Unfortunately, his face was still covered by That T-Shirt. So you reached out, tugging the fabric away to reveal Spot's impassive face beneath. 

"I'll make it worth your while." You promised, inching a little closer to him. 

"Oh yeah?" The slightest smirk flickered across his face, a brief crack in his façade. He's expecting something to go along with the theme of the shirt, especially with the way you're creeping your hands up to rest on his shoulders, your body beginning to press up against his as you tilted your face up. He closes his eyes, waiting expectantly for the contact of your lips on his, when you nod and say, 

"Uh-huh. I'll make you Shamrock Shakes. Now get dressed, the boys an' Jack an' Sarah are comin' over soon." And with that you stepped away, a slight smirk on your own face as you headed for the door of your room, going to ensure that the house was clean for your guests. 

Spot's eyes flew open, and he stared after you with a shocked expression. After a long internal debate, he shrugged the shirt over his shoulders, looking at himself in the mirror. He had to admit... it looked pretty good. The cut was rather flattering for him, even if it was tacky. Plus, Race had bet he wouldn't wear it. Which was almost reason enough to wear it, but to throw in Shamrock Shakes... even if he would have preferred a different type of making it worth his while coming from you. 

Besides. The shirt would be a lot less tacky if the saying was true, right? It was bound to happen. So he could wear it, for the main reason and the most important one... for you. 

So he strolled out with his hands in his jean pockets, into the kitchen where you were checking for the ingredients for the milkshakes, and wrapped his arms around your waist. Leaning against your back, resting his chin on your shoulder. 

You twisted slightly to see the shirt, pushing him back slightly so you could behold it in all it's glory. You regarded it for a long minute, and then began to giggle uncontrollably. 

"Y/N..." Spot sighed. "Maybe I should just take it off then--"

"No, no," You said between giggles, pushing the hem back down as he began to lift it off. "It's good. Perfect. I love it." 

Spot raised an eyebrow at you skeptically. 

"I do." You insisted, managing to tame your giggles, for the most part. "And--" You went up on your toes, kissing his cheek-- "I love you." 

"I love you too, but I'm pretty sure when it says 'kiss me' it doesn't only mean on the cheek." 

You laughed again, softly. "Well, then, forgive me. I missed." 

"You did." Spot replied, leaning in and bringing his lips to yours. He smiled slightly as you kissed him back. Each time you kissed sent all sorts of feelings coursing through his body, butterflies in his stomach, fireworks in his mind, just like your first kiss-- even after all this time. He planned to milk this shirt as much as he could.

A/N: Oh, and happy Saint Patrick's Day 😉🍀