III

A ringtone rang through Jaemin's room and Jisung fished out his vibrating phone from his pocket, rolling his eyes at the caller id before answering it. At the same time, Jaemin stirred awake and i smiled. He held his spinning head, wanting to sit up and i helped him.

"You should rest. I can tell the rest that youre not feeling well. Im sure they wont mind" Jaemin shook his head and i frowned.

"N-no, teacher wants us to take photos for the yearbook and hand it in by today" he tried to get out of bed and walk only for his knees to give up on him. I quickly held him before he falls to the floor and sat him back down on his bed.

"I know youre not sick but youre definitely in no condition to go anywhere" i softly nagged, concern written all over my face.

"But-"

"Listen Nana," i place a finger under his chin and turn his face to look at me. "Ill take the photos for you and hand them in to teacher under your name. How's that sound?"

I softened when Jaemin suddenly gave me that puppy eyes that Jisung and i cant resist. I heaved out a sigh. "But you gotta stick by me aite?" Jaemin nodded and a smile landed on his lips, one landing on mine too, as if his smile is contagious.

I look to Jisung to see him smiling at Jaemin too, ignoring the other person on the phone call. Its probably Donghyuck, the Football teams' vice captain.

"Ji, why dont you head on first. We'll be dropping by later anyways" im sure Donghyuck hasnt started practice yet since he's always waiting until everyone's present unless they couldnt attend with valid reason.

"Alright, ill get going first. Anything, im here hyung" Jisung said seriously but before leaving, he gave me a grin. "Donghyuck hyung said hi"

He then left and i heard a chuckle next to me. I turn to see Jaemin wriggling his eyebrows at me and i felt my cheeks getting heated up. I slapped him lightly on the shoulder and he laughed it off.

Mark

"Jaemin again?... alright, get your ass here quickly. Im starting game soon... and tell Jeno i said hi" i heard Donghyuck say on the phone while i watch the others do their drills on the field.

Soon, Donghyuck came to sit next to me on the sheltered bench. He heaved out a heavy sigh.

"Jisung's gonna be on his way. Had some problems to deal with at home" i noticed that the worried look from his phone call with Jisung is still plastered on his face.

"The Jaemin guy?" Donghyuck nodded.

"You heard huh" i shrugged, eyes not leaving the field. "He's Na Jaemin, a junior like me and a Music major like us. He's also bestfriends with Jeno and Jisung. You havent met him seeing you only come to school very late or not at all. He's still healing from... something... and i understand if Jisung's late just to comfort him. The guy's fragile. Like glass, he needs to be taken proper care of. Oh right, the media club will come by later to take pictures for the yearbook"

I turned to Donghyuck at the mention of Jeno's name and could practically see sparkle in his eyes. I gave a pat on his shoulder. "Soon Hyuck, soon"

Its been a year that Donghyuck's been crushing on Jeno and yet this coward wont speak up. It looks to me that Jeno also likes him too so i dont know whats stopping him.

"Hey, sorry im late" we looked up to see Jisung already in his attire.

I waved him off as he sat his things down next to the others'. "Its fine. Lets do drills then we'll start game" Jisung nodded in agreement and Donghyuck and i got up to do drills with him.

🍂

"My boyfie's here! Hi babe- !" Yangyang yelled out of nowhere, the ball punching him in the stomach right after, sending him to the ground. "Totally fine!" he held up an 'ok' sign.

I turned to the sidelines to see Xiaojun and Renjun.

"Mark!" The ball was sent to me suddenly and i dribbled it to the goalpost, kicking it right in upon reaching it.

I left the game and went to the two by the sidelines, their cameras in their hands. I did my handshake with Renjun and gave a nod to Xiaojun as a greeting. "Here for the yearbook pics?" They nodded. "Jeno?"

"Jeno's with Jaemin at the basketball court. Theyll be here in a short while" it was now my turn to nod, though still not knowing who this Jaemin guy is.

"Well, call Hyuck if you need anything. Ill be buying drinks" i point to Donghyuck who was on the field.

I grabbed my belongings before heading off. Upon arrival to the vending machine, i raised a brow at a familiar blue head. As i got closer, i noticed that its the same violin boy from the music room. I then saw a camera hanging around his neck.

He's from the Media Club?

I held back a chuckle as he struggled to get a note in. It seems that he doesnt have any coins seeing how desperate he is shoving in the note.

"Need some help?" I startled the boy again and he glanced at me, shocked before looking away, taking away his note.

I got taken aback when he shook his head and gave a small bow before beginning to walk away. I quickly grabbed onto his hand. He's not getting away from me this time.

"What drink do you want? Ill get it for you" i asked the now fidgeting boy.

"G-green tea" i inserted my coins in after hearing that. I then pressed the numbers and soon a green tea bottle fell from one of the slots. I took it out and hand it to the boy.

He hesitantly took it and i was about to order drinks for myself and the others but he held out his hand, the note from earlier on it. "T-take it"

"Its fine, my treat" i said while inserting coins to buy a drink for myself.

"W-what can i do to repay you?" I frown when i realised that my drink is out of stock. Seriously?

I turned to the violin boy. "Whats your name princess?"

"N-na J-jaemin" i mentally smirked as he looks away with flustered cheeks.

How cute

Just then, i heard Jeno's voice calling for him coming from the end of the hallway.

"Ill get going then, see you later" i left to head to the cafeteria to buy drinks.