XXIV

"Right, Nana, next week's your performance, am i right?" Jeno asked while i stole a piece of bread from Mark's hand and nodded my head. "Are you two ready?"

"I heard hyung played a tiny bit, it was amazing!" i chuckled at Jisung's excitement, feeling Mark's eyes on me but i only stole more fud from his plate.

"We're ready" Mark answered for me while i munch on his food in satisfaction.

"Oh hyung, i heard about the Dylan dude" everyone turned to Chenle when he said that. "Did he lay a finger on you?"

I let out a reassuring smile to everyone when they eyed me. "It's fine y'all. He hasn't been near me since this morning"

"If he ever lay a finger on you, he's going to get it from all of us" Renjun spoke up and everyone on the table nodded in agreement.

"Renjun? Were you late? I didn't see you for morning lesson" the said orange head only rubbed his nape while glaring at Jisung who only lets out an innocent smile.

🍂

"Something tells me that you met someone while in the washroom. You took an awfully long time in there" Jeno said expectantly with an eyebrow raised and arms crossed. Jisung was standing next to him and too had arms crossed. "Did you meet him? Did he touch you?"

I let out a sigh and scanned the locker room. It was currently physical education and we are joining classes with the freshmen due to the weird schedule. Renjun was out making up reasons to the teacher as to why the three of us will be absent for awhile.

"It's no biggie you two, he didn't do anything. In fact, he didn't even move which was weird. He just stared at me with a blank look" Jeno began frowning and Jisung tilts his head in confusion. I went to Jeno and embraced him in a hug. "I just told him to leave me be until after the performance. If he does come near me, you know that i can fight"

"And i'm saying that you can depend on us and not carry all that burden by yourself. He— who shall not be named— had already broken you to pieces and we don't want that to happen to our bestfriend again. Seeing you left alone to patch the broken pieces by yourself hurts us too you know" Jeno returned my hug. We then felt another pair of arms wrap around us and smiled.

"I agree hyung. We'll be the first to throw punches at him"

"And i thank you two very much. You two will definitely be the first to know if any news, alright?" i pull away and they nod.

"Hyung, what's the progress with Donghyuck hyung?" Jisung wriggles his eyebrows at Jeno who looks away and blush.

"W-what are you talking about?" Jeno cleared his throat and walked past us to take a seat on the bench in the locker room.

"Awh hyung, days ago you said you confessed— indirectly— to him. Did anything bad happen?" Jisung pouts and sat next to Jeno.

I walk over to them with a puzzled face and sat on the other side of Jeno. "I've definitely missed something, didn't i?"

"It's nothing much really. Hyung just kinda said he likes Donghyuck and now i just wonder if they're, moving forward, you know?" i nodded and turn to Jeno who is a blushing mess.

"Hey hey, it's Donghyuck. He'll wait for you. Try opening your heart to him. I'm sure he'll take great care of it like a precious diamond" i slowly lift his face up and send him an assuring smile.

He chuckled. "Funny how i'm like this when you're the one who just got out of a toxic relationship and i haven't gotten into one"

"Hyung, it's good to protect your heart you know but you should try. If, if it does gets broken, we're still here, with you mending it like how we've always helped Jaemin hyung"

"Thanks you two. I'm glad to have befriended you guys— the others too but you two were there next to me whenever i'm at my lowest" Jeno wiped a tear that rolled down his cheek.

"How's you and Renjun?" this time, we gave our attention to Jisung and he raises a brow.

"What about him and i?" now it was Jeno and i's turn to raise our brows. We just stared at one another with puzzled looks.

"What do you mean what about you two? Are you two going along well or no? Did any problems arose again?" Jeno facepalmed.

"Fortunately, things has been going smoothly. Though he still gets jealous when girls eyes me but i gave him constant assurance that i only belong to him and him only" Jisung explained proudly.

"My my, i'm jealous now" Jeno pouts.

"Then get together with Donghyuck hyung lol" Jisung stuck his tongue out. I chuckled.

"You and Mark seem to be progressing well too" both of them turn to me and wriggle their eyebrows.

I felt my cheeks heat up and i look away. "Y-yeah, i guess you can say that"

"Oh hyung, did you really do ' the thing ' ?" Jisung's eyes widens and i laughed.

"Don't believe Mark. We didn't do anything Ji-ah" he let out a sigh of relief when i said that. "But why you acting like you haven't done that with Renjun though"

Now it was Jisung's turn to blush. He began stuttering up some excuses and Jeno and i laughed. "Just say you've done it at least once Ji. We won't judge. Besides you've been with him for what, three to four years? Even before Mark hyung and her got together"

"Yeah Ji, that's really long. I'm impressed you've managed this far. Furthermore, isn't Renjun your first love?" Jisung nods proudly.

"It's been four years actually. We met in high school when i was a freshman and he was a junior. I just fell in love at first sight i guess. He was the most beautiful person i've walked past and wanted to approach him first. But when i finally mustered up the courage to approach him, he approached me first and i couldn't be happier knowing he noticed me" Jisung storied and i could tell he was really happy with his relationship with Renjun.

The bell soon rang and we walked back to class together, this time with Renjun joining us all sweaty. "I should've just joined you guys" he said with heavy breaths and Jisung handed him his bottle of water. "Thanks Sungie"

💅🏻

Hey guys i'm back... again 🙂👍🏻 sry for the late update as my exams are coming up AGAIN 😩👎🏻 and sry if the buildup(?) is too slow . I actually don't know why it is so but i guess i don't want to get straight to it ? I'm not sure myself but this chap's like an update on their relationships you know ? Plus i don't think i've written this trio having a deep talk before . I only did the other trio . Anyways , hope u guys still like this chap :) ! <3