XIV

"Hyung!" I grinned as i greeted Jaehyun with a huge, tight hug.

"Woah there" he smiled down at me, his dimples showing. He then looked up to the person behind me. "Arent you Jungwoo's brother? Mark was it?" i raised a brow at Jaehyun then turned to Mark.

"You two know each other?" Mark scanned Jaehyun's face before his eyes widened a little in realisation.

"Youre a friend of Doyoung, am i right?" Jaehyun nodded. "I remember now seeing you a few times when third wheeling my brother and his boyfriend"

Jaehyun chuckled. "Then that means we havent had a proper introduction yet. Name's Jaehyun, Jaemin's older brother"

"Mark, Mark Lee" they shook hands formally.

"So Nana, this your boyfriend?" i quickly shook my head while blushing.

"H-he's a senior of mine" Jaehyun turned to Mark with a raised eyebrow.

"One day but for now, we're just friends" my eyes widened and i covered my face, feeling my cheeks heating up. My face's probably like a tomato by now.

I only heard Jaehyun chuckle. "Alright alright. Shall we hang out?" i looked up and grinned excitedly.

"You rarely visit so yes!"

Mark

"Youve met Tom?" Jaehyun asked as we sat on a bench outside a bookstore, waiting for Jaemin. We had decided to head to the mall, planning to window shop at first but ended up buying a few stuff. The bags of branded clothes placed between us are proofs, most of it belonging to Jaemin.

"Yea, an ass" Jaehyun nodded in agreement. "I hope he goes to hell after what he has done to Nana"

"Same here. Please take care of him" he said while staring at Jaemin through the window. "I can only do so much as his brother"

"I will, i promise"

I can never hurt this precious angel

Soon, Jaemin came out of the clothes store grinning while holding two bags of clothes. "You buy lots of clothes but i can tell, youre still going to end up wearing Mark's clothes"

Jaemin mocked a gasp, offended. "Hyung, you cant spill my secret just like that!"

"What youre wearing belongs to Mark, am i wrong?" Jaehyun pointed to my green bomber jacket that his younger brother's wearing and chuckled. Jaemin pouted and blushed before stomping off to the mall's exit.

We grabbed the remaining bags and walked after him, creating conversations along the way.

"Nana, are you gonna get a drivers license anytime soon?" Jaehyun asked as we leaned against our bikes, munching on ice cream. Jaemin was leaning on my bike next to me.

"What for? Mark has one" Jaemin shrugged. "Even if he's busy to send me somewhere, there's Jeno and Jisung"

"So you'll take the bus if no one's available?"

He nodded. "That or i might just not go"

"I heard you two are going to perform for the event" Jaemin choked on his ice cream and i patted his back, handing him a bottle of water from my bike's compartment.

"Where did you get that info?"

"Jisung updated me all about you" Jaehyun shrugged. "He also said that you had originally planned to play that piece"

"Yeah but plans have changed since ill be performing with Mark" Jaemin turned to me and i stared back at him.

We've already chosen a piece and are a quarter perfect at it. The piece is a tad bit challenging but im sure we'll be able to perfect it by the event.

"Alright lovebirds, lets get going. Should we head to Taeil's restaurant for dinner?"

"Sure!"

🍂

"Had a great day today?" A voice said as i took a drag from my cigarette.

After dinner, i separated from the two siblings after giving a goodbye kiss to Jaemin, allowing them to have sibling time.

"Yeah, its that obvious huh" i blow out a stream of smoke before taking another drag, this time a long one.

"You may have a blank expression but you basically radiate happiness" from leaning against the entrance of the balcony, Renjun joined me by leaning against the wooden railing next to me after greeting me with our handshake. He picked up a cigarette pack from a round table placed next to a chair in the balcony and took out a stick. He placed it between his lips and lit the tip up, taking a long drag after.

I glanced at him before exhaling the smoke, making a series of ' o 's. "I thought youve quit"

"Its called addiction" Renjun shrugged. "Sungie doesnt know about this but its not like im taking it daily"

"He's young and already addicted to weed" i commented.

"Blame the background. His childhood wasnt as luxurious compared to ours" Renjun said as he heavily heaved out a stream of smoke.

"Did you two already plan for the future?" I asked, curious. Both Renjun and Jisung had been together even before she and i got together. So im sure that thought had came up at least once.

"Briefly. Its just, finish our studies, get our dream jobs, and maybe have a house of our own at the countryside? Im not sure. Thats not decided yet" i only hum in response as we stared at the empty street.

"Arent you going to sleep anytime soon?" Renjun questioned after a moment of silence, just the sound of our sighs and smoke filling the air. He turned to me when there was no response returned to him. "Ah right, he's not here"

"Wow, and here i thought i was part of the bestie gang" a familiarly amused voice entered the conversation. The owner made their way over to stand next to Renjun, propping their arms on the wooden railing, not forgetting our handshakes. "So, what did i miss out on in this deep talk?"

"Not much Hyuck, Mark was just asking if Jisung and i already had already planned out our future" Renjun lifted the pack of cigarettes to Donghyuck while taking a drag. The other shook his head.

"Ahh, so whats your answer?" a frown was prominent on Renjun's face but he didnt question him.

"Just the gist of it. You know, like other couples. In the end, we all wanna live happily" Renjun heaved out a long stream of smoke and a small pout was visible when he realised that his cigarette had finished. He puts it out in the ashtray and i was expecting him to fetch another stick but he didnt. Instead, he placed the cigarette pack back on the round table.

"I see. Oh right, hey Mark" i only nod in response. "Tomorrow's your mother and her's second anniversary, right? You going?"

I only nodded and stared at the night sky that was littered with beautiful stars, reminding me of Mother.

Oh how i wish you two were still here