XX

"My son told me that he's taken a liking in you" i blush at the compliment.

Mr Lee and i are currently the only ones in the living room while the other three are in the kitchen. Doyoung told me that there are others living here as well and are currently not at home.

"Y-yeah, he shows that very well" i stuttered, trying to make eye contact with him but finding it hard to do so.

"Well, i'm just glad he had found someone that's able to make him smile again" Mr Lee stared out of the window and smiled gently.

"About that, there was someone before me, am i right?" i want to know who this person was.

"I see Mark hasn't spoken to you about them yet. I'm guessing it's also why he hasn't confessed to you yet" i slowly nodded. I see, so i'm not the only one who needs more time. "There was a girl. She was Mark's first love and the only person he had ever dated, before you"

He paused for a moment. "I'm sorry but i can only say this much since i'm in no place to say his past because we went through the same thing and we- especially i don't need the whole world to know"

I stilled. I shouldn't have brought that up. I feel awkward as i glanced at Mr Lee's saddened expression. I just brought up a painful past, didn't i.

"I-i'm sorry Mr Lee. I-i shouldn't have-"

"It's alright dear. I hope you take care of my son well for me" he sends me a smile and i return the gesture.

"Talking about me?" Jungwoo's enthusiasm entered the room and he was followed by Doyoung and Mark. They had volunteered to cook pasta and i can tell they just want Mr Lee to have some alone with me.

Doyoung rolled his eyes. "Who'd want to talk about you"

Jungwoo pout at that and begin whining to his father. "Father, your son-in-law is being mean again"

"Remind me why am i with you again" Doyoung heaves out a sigh before handing a plate of pasta to Mr Lee.

Mark sat back next to me and handed me a plate of pasta. "Father didn't make the conversation awkward, right?" I only look down and shake my head. It was me who made it awkward.

"Cupcake? Cupcake, i missed you!" Mr Lee's eyes lit up as Lexi joins us in the living room, about to make its way towards Mark but was pull away by Mr Lee.

We started laughing at how it began trashing in his arms as he gives it kisses. More scratches started appearing on Mr Lee's arms but his face showed no signs pain at all. Only genuine happiness.

"Lets continue the movie marathon"

Night soon came and everyone was exhausted by the couch, eyes drooping. The Dowoo couple was already sound asleep and so was Mark as he lays his head on my lap. My eyes felt heavy but i try to concentrate on the comedy while threading my fingers through Mark's locks in attempt of comfort. I glance at Mr Lee and wonder how he's still wide awake and laughing away at the comedy movie while Lexi was already knocked out in his arms.

Somehow, i managed to keep my eyes open till the end of the movie and Mr Lee turns to me and stared at Mark. "Thank you for entering his life. I'm relieved that he's able to sleep peacefully now. Please, don't leave him"

I stared down at Mark. "I won't Mr Lee, i promise. I mean, where can i go anyway? My heart belongs to him now" i smiled slightly.

"Ahh, my children are living their own love lives now. I'm relieved" i hear Mr Lee heaves out a huge sigh as he turns and lay on the couch, repositioning Lexi carefully in his arms before pulling the blanket over them.

I took the remote control and switch off the television before shifting to lay down so that i can sleep better.

Morning came and i was woken by the sound of cameras clicking. I flutter my eyes open and find Doyoung and Jungwoo taking pictures of Mark and i while giggling. I only yawn and rub sleep from my eyes, completely unbothered. I look down and smiled when i find Mark's arms wrapped tightly around my body with his head buried in my chest and a leg tangled over mine. I only wrap my arms around him in return and close my eyes again, loving Mark's warmth. I assume Mr Lee's in the kitchen cooking breakfast as i smelled pancakes and he wasn't on the couch with Lexi.

"Never knew Mark's a clingy type. Such new information. I love it" Jungwoo comments and Doyoung laughed.

"Breakfast's ready!" Mr Lee announces from the kitchen and the Dowoo couple left at the speed of light.

"Markie, wake up. Your father made breakfast" i said softly while threading my fingers through his grey hair. There was a moment of silence before a groan of satisfaction was heard from Mark while he stirs a little. I lightly chuckle as he leaned into my touch and hugged me tighter.

"Five more minutes" he groans and shifted a little to get more of my warmth, to gain more comfort.

"They all say that and then wake up an hour plus later" despite saying this, i didn't make a single effort to wake Mark up.

Light snores were the only sound filling the silent living room. My fingers didn't stop running through Mark's hair and it only did when a voice was heard near us other than the kitchen.

"Jaemin" i flutter my eyes open and was greeted by Mr Lee. "I have work now. I've left some pancakes for you two. Call me if the other son steals your pancakes. It was nice talking to you and i hope to spend more time with you in the future"

I smiled. "Definitely. Do drive safely Mr Lee" he gave a smile in return before making his leave, not forgetting to litter Lexi with kisses. I chuckle when Lexi tries to fight back in the middle of it but gave up in the end.

Come to think of it, it's been awhile i hung out with Jeno and Jisung like this. Hmm i'm in the feels of having a picnic after our performance. Yeah, maybe that.

💅🏻

Bad Smell - Mark Lee (Prod. by Johnny Suh) . This is my new jam now PERIODT . I can't believe i didn't know this song existed until i came across a tiktok like four days ago- 😩😩