IX

"Oh? Hey hyung" i looked up to see Jisung with his backpack in hand as i walked out of Jaemin's room. I raised a brow at him and he returned the gesture, as if this house had become mine and not his. I pointed to Jaemin who was in the kitchen and he muttered a small ' oh ' , the small smirk on his lips didnt go unnoticed. "I forgot some stuff plus im staying at Renjun's again, hope you dont mind"

I only waved him off. "Did anyone feed Lexi?"

He nodded. "Donghyuck fed her earlier" i frowned.

"Hyuck? Shouldnt he be with his mother? He said to Jeno yesterday that his mother had called" Jisung only shrugged.

"He did look sad while patting Lexi" i wonder what had happened. "Dont worry, Jeno's with him"

I nodded. He jolted when Ash began meowing at him which resulted in him dashing to his room. I turned Ash to face me and rubbed our noses together. "His hair does look like cotton candy"

I walked to the kitchen and placed Ash down on his food bowl that was already prepared by Jaemin i assume.

"Jisung came back. Said he had forgotten some stuff and is spending another night with Renjun again" i said while walking over to the dining table and taking a seat. Jaemin hummed in response.

That encounter with Jaemin's ex last night gives me the more reason to be with him and protect him. From the moment i walked in on Jaemin playing the violin piece Mother used to play to last night, i just felt the need to bring him happiness. To see him smile, in pure joy.

My thoughts were cut off with Jaemin placing a plate of white rice and two plates of different vegetables in front of me. He walked back to the rice cooker to get his own serving before taking a seat in front of me.

"Are you going to stay the night?" Jaemin asked, taking a spoonful of vegetables and placing them on his plate.

"Do you want me to?" I waited till he finished taking the vegetables then i did so too.

"Youll sleep on the couch" i paused before slowly placing the spoonful of rice into my mouth.

"Wow, youre so mean hyung" we heard Jisung said from the kitchen doorway and looked up.

"I dont mind"

🍂

"Hey Hyuck, everything alright back at home? Heard you came back early" i asked while taking a drag from my second stick.

A heave of sigh was heard from the other end. "Yeah. Dad's at the hospital, said about having a tumour in his head. He's having surgery soon thankfully"

"Why didnt you stay there?" i flicked the ash onto the ashtray labelled ' Hyuck ' on the coffee table.

"I didnt want to worry Jeno"

"But you already did tell him right?" He hummed in response. "He asleep?"

"In my arms, yeah" Donghyuck said proudly.

"Ahh, lucky" i commented while taking another long drag.

Donghyuck chuckled. "You get the couch huh, thats painful"

I let out a sigh of thick stream of smoke. "What can i do, i have to respect his wishes"

"I must say, its nice seeing you genuinely interested in someone again after... her... you know" he commented, feeling him smile despite not seeing his face.

"Is that so" i only said while staring outside the window across from the couch im laying on. The clouds started to rain heavily followed by thunders, calming my mind.

"Seems like your favourite weather's here" i hummed, eyes not leaving the window as i took another drag.

"M-markie" a small voice called from the doorway of the living room. I tilted my head back to see Jaemin standing there with a comforter over him, covering his whole body except his face. I felt my heart skipped a beat and a weird churn in my stomach.

Cute

"Your guy called you huh. I see he has a thing for you too. Alright, ill get going. See you tomorrow" i hummed in response and Donghyuck hung up, my eyes not leaving Jaemin.

I didnt say anything and he started making his way towards me, stopping next to me after, our eye contact not breaking. Seeing his eyes, i heaved out a stream of smoke away from his direction and pressed the cigarette bud onto the ashtray, leaving it there after its sparks died.

In silence, he watched my actions and joined me on the couch after i shifted a little to give him space. He wrapped his arms around my torso and buried his head in my chest. I could feel him trembling a little and went to wrap my arms around his small figure.

"Guess you dont like this weather huh" i could feel a little nod and silence entered the air after, a comfortable one.

Soon, a familiar white fur ball jumped onto the couch and squeezed itself under my arm that was wrapped around Jaemin. I mentally chuckled when i looked down to find Jaemin lightly pushing Ash off from my hold, Ash not moving an inch and probably already fast asleep.

My hand reached up to Jaemin's blue hair and began running my fingers through his blue locks gently. He stopped disturbing Ash and the comfortable silence has welcomed us once again.

"I miss this" Jaemin said. "I miss simple things like this that makes my heart flutter"

"Same" i agreed. I guess he could tell just by listening to my heartbeat right now but this blue head right here never fail to make my heart skip beats, in a good way, and my stomach have these weird butterflies in them. I used to feel it with her but she's gone now and he's here, Na Jaemin's here.

And im not going to lose him.

Jaemin looked up at me and i only stared back at him, hoping he'd get my message that itll be a story to tell for another day. He broke eye contact after, going back to what i assume, listening to my heartbeat, now drawing circles on my chest.