XV

I stood in front of the two women i used to love with all my heart. A hand buried in my jacket pocket and the hood of the jacket over my head, i bend down and gently placed a bouquet of flowers on each of their graves.

Maaya Lee

I lightly caress the name of my beloved mother carved on the headstone. Unknowingly, i felt something roll down my cheeks. I didnt bother to wipe them as memories from that day struck to my mind like lightning.

"Im sorry sirs, but she didnt make it" i just stared at the doctor, feeling as though time has stopped. Everything around me was a blur and i could feel my heart dropped at the news. It was because she got into an accident while heading to work they say.

Furthermore, she has stage three cancer too. At that moment, i just felt as though the world around me collapsed. I felt distant not knowing all those times she had cancer eventhough she was visiting the hospital often and taking medications.

I turned to Father who looks like he's feeling the same as me. That was the love of his life that just passed away. I then turned to Brother. He was already sobbing, face buried in his hands. We all feel the same. Mother loves us with all her heart. We are the only people she had. We dont even have the opportunity to say a proper goodbye and she left us just like that.

Did you really have to leave that early?

I then shifted a little and stared at the name carved onto the headstone. I caress its letters, more tears rolled down my cheeks but then again, i couldnt be bothered to wipe it.

Ayana Tate

She was a beautiful woman, my first love. I smiled recalling the first time i met her. It was the first day of my sophomore year in high school. I had bumped into a girl with bright red hair tied up to a ponytail.

From that little encounter, we started seeing one another more often. She wasnt part of the popular gang but she was popular enough to have guys hitting up on her. I guess you could say that im the lucky one who got chosen.

My face fell suddenly as soon as the memories of the day of her death came crashing my mind. It was a week before our second anniversary. I was in my sophomore year in college and i had to perform during an event.

Wifeu 👊🏻😠❤️

Babee why didnt you wake me up? 😫😫

Hubby 👊🏻😠❤️

U look so peaceful so i didnt wna wake u up 🙂

Wifeu 👊🏻😠❤️

Isnt ur perf tdy?? Aksnkwnsj i wna watchuuuu :<
Im omw tho

Hubby 👊🏻😠❤️

Uk i cn js play it to u anytime rite 😐

Wifeu 👊🏻😠❤️

Im still omw :>
So cya soon 😌
I love you n gd luck !! 😚❤️

Hubby 👊🏻😠❤️

I love you too bb 😗❤️

My eyes trained on the entrance of the school hall, hoping that Ayana would come in anytime soon to watch some parts of my performance. I strummed the strings of my guitar, feeling everyone's eyes on me but my focus was nowhere near them.

Nothing happened. Even after i finished my performance, there was still no sight of her. I was started getting worried and that was followed by me spamming her with phone calls while i packed my stuff. When i was about to give up and head to her place, i suddenly received a call.

"Are you a relative of Ayana?" a female voice was heard from the other end.

"Im her boyfriend, who is this?" i asked, curious as to how this person has Ayana's phone.

"Ayana Tate is in XXX hospital right now as she got into an accident earlier while riding her bike" though she didnt answer my question, my heart stopped a moment when she said that and i froze.

What?

Without knowing tears began welling my eyes as i ran out of the school building and to my bike, ignoring Renjun and Donghyuck. They had curious looks when i passed them but i didnt bother. My mind was blank as i drove, only filled with Ayana.

Please be okay please be okay

Once i got to the hospital, i ran into the building and immediately asked for Ayana Tate upon reaching the receptionist. A nurse guided me to the ER and my heart sank seeing her body lay motionless on the hospital bed. A doctor who was on her and doing cpr had stopped, head dropped while the monitor flatlined.

I went over and stared at her pale face, my hand slowly reaching out to her face, slowly caressing her soft, beautiful features. I never wouldve thought that this day would come so soon.

And our two year anniversary is next week

My knees soon felt weak and i gave in to them, now on the floor on my knees. It feels like deja vu. I wasnt able to properly say that i love her, like how i couldnt to Mother. Tears finally fell from my eyes and i didnt bother to wipe them.

I could feel my heart shattering and my world slowly turning black and white. I want to believe that this is fake but even without the monitor, just by looking at the doctor or her pale, unmoving face, i could already tell that she's gone. So this was what Father mustve felt, when he lost Mother.

"Mother treated Ayana like her own daughter" i didnt know it had started raining until a voice greeted me and the rain suddenly stopped, the sound of rain could still be heard.

I was still caressing Ayana's name that was carved on the headstone, my hand continuing to drench under the rain. She was my special person. She has that unique personality and that beauty in her. I had loved her so much.

The person next to me then too bend down and place flowers on each of their graves. "Ive moved on now. I had fallen in love with a boy named Na Jaemin. He has my heart the moment we met" i then turned to Mother's grave. "He played your song like it belonged to him. Im glad someone knows your piece and i bet you'd love him too if you'd met him"

"Wheres Father?" I asked as we stood next to our drenched bikes. Jungwoo wanted to smoke a stick so i held the umbrella while my other hand buried itself in the jacket pocket.

"At work. You know how he always goes alone when visiting Mother and Ayana" i only nodded. Father became less open after Mother's death and i dont blame him. He does those occasional drunken nights but he mostly overworks himself to get distracted, to try and move on.

"So, Na Jaemin? Jaehyun's younger brother?" I nodded again.

"How do you know him?" Jungwoo shrugged.

"Met him once when Jaehyun held a small party. Is a nice guy"

Indeed

"Lets go meet Father after this" i only said while looking at the sky as the white smoke entered the air.

He's the one | Markminजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें