VIII

Horror dawned upon me which caused me to sit up abruptly. Ash jolted awake at my sudden action and hissed at me for waking him up. I ignored him and my pounding head from sitting up too fast and lightly shook Mark's shoulder, concern written all over my face.

"M-mark" i called and the said person groaned before slowly sitting up after Ash gave a few pats on his hair. I hope Ash doesnt think its cotton candy and starts eating it.

"Whats wrong?" Jeno asked, worried that im worried about he doesnt know what. Ash stood up from laying on our hands and began prying our hands off again, this time its me who's the one not letting go.

"Markie" i called again and he opens one eye while rubbing sleep from the other. Okay i dont know why i called him that but it just rolled out my tongue. He hummed in response. "Did you patch up your wound?"

"Wound? What wound?" Mark was now awake and Jeno was standing up. I frowned when i heard that and Mark only stared back at me, kunfusion prominent in his eyes. Ash meowed before jumping onto Mark's lap and began reaching its paw onto his side. I lightly frowned.

Did Ash just... rolled his eyes?

"You got kicked to the side hard by him yesterday. Did you not take a look at it?" Mark shook his head and slowly lifted his shirt revealing quite a bruise on his left side. Ash turned to us before licking its paw. My hand holding onto Mark's unknowingly tightened. "Jen, get the first aid kit"

"Oh, i didnt feel it" he only said and i tugged at his hand for him to sit on the bed so that i could treat his wound, to which he complied without saying anything, placing Ash in his lap again after shifting.

"Thanks Jen" i muttered and started unpacking the kit.

"I guess ill be in my room... then" Jeno said awkwardly, leaving after trying to wave Ash to come with him so that it doesnt disturb our ' moment ' , to no avail. I hear Jeno heaved out a sigh before the door closes.

We sat in silence as i gently place ointment on Mark's wound, him petting Ash. I feel my cheeks heat up as he stared at me. "S-stop staring at me" he didnt reply nor did he averted his eyes. I glanced up at him before looking down at his wound again. Ash meowed out of nowhere before getting off Mark's lap and onto mine, as if knowing whats coming next.

"He's my... ex, as you already know" i started. I didnt dare look up. I couldnt afford to meet him in the eyes. "H-he a-abused me when we were t-together and i was too b-blindly in l-love with h-him to leave the t-toxic r-relationship" my voice cracked while explaining but i never stopped. If he, as what Donghyuck say, is interested in me, he should know about this before finalising his decision. Whatever it may be, leave me or not.

I was done dressing his wound by then and could feel something wet rolling down my cheeks but i didnt bother to wipe them. Ash meowed at me and i smiled while rubbing his cheek, him leaning into my touch.

I then felt a finger under my chin, lifting my head to face the owner. I stared into those brown eyes of his as he did mine. His expression didnt waver but staring into his eyes, i could see rage in them. My hand reached out and i laid them on his cheek, the rage disappearing as he leaned in to my hand.

My heart skipped a beat and i let out a small smile. Soon, i was pulled into hug which got me taken aback. Without knowing, tears began flowing down my cheeks like waterfall, causing me to sob. I buried my head in his shoulder, crying my eyes out and we stayed in that position till ive calmed down. My free hand that had wrapped around Ash tightened although he was already sandwiched in between Mark and i.

🍂

It was still a schoolday apparently and that didnt cross my mind until Jeno had came back in and told me that he's heading to class despite being two hours late. Even after knowing that theres school last minute, here Mark and i are, still in my room chilling.

"So, who's Ash?" Mark asked as we laid on the floor, our heads next to each other while our bodies in the opposite direction. Ash perked upon hearing its name and meowed, patting Mark's pink hair again. I chuckled at that.

"Yep, thats him. It seems like he likes your hair too" Mark ruffled its fur.

"Dont Jisung have pink hair too? Mine's spoiled already. I need to head to the salon soon" Mark stated.

"Jisung doesnt let Ash does so. One time he did, Ash almost ate his hair and Jisung got scared for his life" i laughed lightly at that memory. I then caught Mark staring at me and blushed.

"Youre very beautiful when you smile, you know that?" I quickly sat up at that compliment and buried my flushed face into my hands.

You too...

"D-do you want some pancakes?" I stood up and looked away, the blush still prominent on my cheeks.

"Sure princess" i think i bolted out of my room like flash after hearing that. This man sure knows how to get to my heart. I clutched onto my shirt where my heart is and could feel it beating rapidly.

Mark

I stood up and picked Ash up into my arms, littering kisses all over its face before walking out to Jaemin's balcony, admiring the morning sun. "Its pretty isnt it?" I asked to practically no one since Ash is licking its own paws. I stared at the cat in my arms softly, running my fingers through its fur after.

Lexi would definitely love him