Flashback

Elsie shivered in the wind, silently scolding herself for not bringing a jacket.
  It was in the middle of the night or morning, somewhere round 4:00 am and she was tired, but can't sleep. So now she's walking.
  To be fair she had slept, until she woke up from her memory. For once the dream wasn't about her past as Sunu. She let that go when she burned everything.
No the dream was about when her wish backfired, for the second time in the cells.
( see "next day" chapter)
She doesn't remember much besides the unbearable pain and immense regret. And afterwards fear, fear for what the extent of the damage will be, and whether or not she lost her power. She shivered again, but this time not because of the cold.
(Flashback, Elsie's POV)
I don't know if this will work, but I will take almost anything over what he did to me and my friends.
I took a deep breath, feeling my overdue wish waiting to be used. 'I wish... I wish that the four of us, me, Amelia, Axel, and Dominique to never be found by Arkell or his cronies again.' It was carefully worded, I wanted to wish for us to get out. But Arkell would just come after us again. I had thought about wishing Arkell to be gone, but I highly doubt that Ryan, his sidekick , would let us go.
To say I braced for the pain was a lie. I had anticipated that the wish might backfire. Because my magic did come from Arkell, and magic is loyal to their holder. SoI had braced for pain, just not that much.
I screamed. They were muffled because I decided to use my wish during an experiment. I trashed against the chains that held me.
Arkell came in then, confused on why I was screaming but not minding the fact that I seem to be in pain. At least not until he saw blood. Then he was worried. Not for me, but for the fact that I might die before he's done experimenting on me.
Luckily for me the reason of my pain came to him soon. If you call a day soon. I don't know how, something to do with the fact it is his magic that is punishing me probably, but he stopped it. He smirked then said, ' you can't try to get away. You forgot who you are and what made you. Don't forgot darling where you are now.' Then he left.
I didn't receive food for the next week.
(End flashback)
'Els? Are you okay? You know you can talk to me right?' Amelia's voice startled me from where I was currently resting under a random tree. She was concerned.
'Yeah, just more nightmares. It's about... my wish..' Elsie replied tiredly.
'You know, me and the boys will always be here for you. So...' with a mischievous grin Amelia continued, 'let's wake the boys up in four in the morning and have a poetry war.'
Elsie grinned back and helped herself up, she had almost forgotten, whenever one of them were sad before the boys showed up. The two would stay up together with a sea of snacks and wax poetry. Each one would be more ridiculous than the last. When the sun rises, the two would be tired but full and happy.
'Normally I wouldn't agree to allowing the boys in to our traditions because they might taint them, but this time it's war. Boys vs girls. We gonna win.' Elsie said, her own smile no less mischievous.
So in thirty minutes time, the four found themselves huddled up in the girl's room. They raided the nearby vending machine and is now ready to begin their war.
'Honestly, it's too early to be doing anything and how unhealthy are you two. Look at these snack!' Axel complains.
Whatever, let the poetry wars begin.' Amelia announced, ignoring the yawns coming from both boys.
'So what do we do, quote Shakespeare? Thee thou... something I dunno.' Axel asked, then nudged Dom sharply who was about to doze off.
'Huh? What who? Oh yeah poetry. I'll start. Um, let's see. Oh what is life? If not a ... knife? To cut us open when we are broken. To the pain we weep till we sleep. So now please and I'm begging you, let me sleep.' Dom finished.
'Ok ground rules. No gloomy stuff, or just words that rhyme. Like what was that first sentence? Life is a knife? Are you ok? Anyways our turn. Me first.' Amelia said as soon as Dom finished, slightly unhappy from his awful poetry, if it's even poetry.
'Flowers bloom in the spring, birds starting to sing. That's the place where I belong, and no one can say that I am wrong.' Amelia said quickly, she was uncannily good at poetry.
The boys blinked up at her while Elsie sat unfazed, ' that was... surprisingly good.' Axel complemented.
Then with a small curtsy from Amelia it was Axel's turn. Who panicked and end up waxing the worse poetry alive. It had all four cringing so hard they needed to stretch their neck muscles.
So the night continued with lots of snorts and Amelia and Axel arguing on whether the boys or girls waxed better. Even though they lost count halfway through. In the end the two settled for a tie, though secretly they each thought they did better.
As for the Elsie and Dom, they were fast asleep on the floor, too tired to listen to them arguing over their heads, literally.

Hey everyone!! I hope you enjoyed it!! Comments anytime. See you soon!