Zanx

Last chapter
Arkell stood next to the portal, with a demon next to him. One that was very powerful, one that both demons immediately recognize.
'Zanx?'
*---*---*---*---*---*---*
'Zanolis, my dear brother, so you did come.'
'...what's happening?' Zanolis asked confused.
Zanx sighed, 'you were always so lost. From what Arkell told me, you and your friends are after him, and he wants my help to defeat you.'
Zanolis stepped forward, 'Wait you're not actually gonna side with him right? I mean I understand why you framed me back then, you always wanted to be king of the demons while I didn't give a damn and yet I got Ancient so you were pissed. But are you really gonna side with that dramatic salty ass genie?'
'The genie said you finally came to your senses and want to take back the demon realm. Which I worked so hard to become king. And also I'm not surprised if you have resentment against me for framing you.'
Zanolis laughed cruelly, 'wow, you have gone low. You believe the genie over me?' He shook his head then said, 'I thought we were better than that, twin brother.'
Zanx's cold expression wavered slightly, 'I haven't seen you in years. I don't know what you've become.' Ignoring Zanolis's scoff, he continued, 'I hurt our- your best friend, in a way,' turning to face Jexvi, his expression turned pleading, 'I didn't know, you gotta believe me, I didn't order them. The demons, they- they got to Lyra( Jexvi's dead wife) somehow. I wouldn't have done that, you are- were my friend too. I-...I'm sorry.' He finished quietly.
'I know you weren't behind it. But that doesn't mean I forgive you.' Jexvi replied.
Zanx nodded, 'I understand. They're still alive, I made sure just in case you wanted revenge. I gave them their fair share of punishment already though.'
'Keep them, I just wanna move on.'
Arkell sensing that he might lose the demon king's support, started to cut in, 'Zanx, as we were saying, we-'
Raising his hand, Zanx cut Arkell off. 'Shut up genie, before I throw you in the demon realm anyways. I don't like you much and my pets are hungry.'
On cue, the hell hounds howled, trying to break out from their leashes.
Arkell shivered, knowing his powers don't work in the demon realm. He might be a powerful magical creature, but he knows how strong he is against an official demon king, while next to the entrance of the demon realm.
'Well, now that that one's silent. Tell me why I shouldn't rid of you, just in case you change your mind a thousands years out.'
'Why shouldn't I get rid of you?' Zanolis retorted.
'Because I'll bring the whole species against you. And you'll have to kill all of us. I know you can't do that, you never had the guts.'
The twins stare at each other longer, then Zanolis spoke softly, 'you can help us instead.'
'Wait what-' Arkell was once again cut off, this time by Zanx's snarl.
'Why would I ever do that?'
Holding out his hands, Zanolis tried to talk to his brother without getting his heart ripped out. 'I never wanted to be king. But I can promise to help you become king, using Ancient. You will be undefeated. I know there are some demons who think you unfit, there always are. With my help, you will be undisputed king. We can pretend to rule together or something to trick them while in reality you get to control all.'
The silence which Zanx use to mull over his twin's words gave the four hope. Finally he answered, 'fine, we can try.' But before he can continue, Arkell lunged at him.

And...another cliffhanger! I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Again suggestions please. See you soon!