Bad boy

'Kill me now, one summer and I forgotten everything. Physics is awful.' Amelia groaned.

Elsie laughed,'I still don't get how you get maths but fail physics so horribly.'

'You're not that much better yourself.' Amelia shot back, clearly mad.

Elsie shrugged, she doesn't really cared about her results or career, not when she has endless money, but Amelia always wanted to be an astronaut, wanting to go beyond earth. So she values her results.

Elsie knows better. Space is just a dark place, sure there's beautiful star clouds but they are all far away from each other, and there might be alien life or habitable worlds but those are rare if real. If you think about it, it's similar to life. A horrible journey that one only continues for the small but sometimes beautiful surprises here and there. As for the habitable planets, your true soulmate, one you would stay with forever. But soulmates aren't real, no matter how some people believe in them. Just like those habitable planets and aliens. Few people are lucky enough for a 'soulmate'. The rest finds as close to a soulmate as possible, just like all those near-habitable planets. So yes, in Elsie's eyes, life is like space, except her spaceship rarely sees planets or stars, just the vast darkness stretching out endlessly, despairingly.

'Come one let's get back to the dorms. We need to start on our homework.' Elsie said dragging a still pouting Amelia after her. Luckily they get to choose dorm mates and the two haven't hesitated to choose each other.

Dumping their bags down, they were going to start when shouts were heard outside. Turns out there was an impromptu football match and all the girls are going to watch Axel play.(Elsie rolled her eyes.) Naturally, Amelia didn't give Elsie time to protest, taking her by the arm and running to the field.

The cheering and shouts there were loud, too loud. After a while Elsie couldn't take it anymore. Excusing herself, she decided to go back to the dorm.

Lost in thought, Elsie found herself by the school lake instead, a man-made one, millions of years ago by humans. She remembers all those years ago when an oak tree used to stood there, how they cut it down and dug it up to create this pond. Yes, Elsie remembers, how could she not? When she was born on these exact grounds, experimented on over here, cried by the oak when abandoned. Tears still stung her eyes till this day. She was so young yet she was always only just a tool, used then abandoned.

'A slave to my own dear parents' she thought bitterly while stabbing the ground with a stick.

'Woah, calm kitty. Which jerk got you so mad you're taking it out on our great Mother Earth?' a voice joked.

Elsie whirled around 'of course, just my luck' she muttered under her breath for standing in front of her is none other than, the troublemaker Axel.

'And what are you doing here, don't you have a game to play?' She asked warily.

'Nah the game ended some time ago, why, weren't you there?'
'Left early, I hate the crowds, and also I seen better.' Looking around Elsie realised they were alone, ' where's your fan crowd? They're always with you.'

'Precisely, so I dumped them to get some peace, only to realise someone is in my spot and is also not a fan girl of mine,' Axel said while walking closer.

'Take it, I have other spots anyways.'

'No, no, no. Stay, I'm good at sharing, since you're not ugly' Axel grinned, 'anyways I'm curious. You must be the only girl left who isn't a nerd and isn't chasing after me.'

Reserving a special place in hell for him, Elsie replied, 'yeah well you're not that good looking and I got better things to do, so bye.'
*—*
Axel watched as the girl leaves, 'interesting ...' he murmured and lay back, allowing his eyes to flash momentarily, 'this should be fun.'

I hope you enjoyed it! Honestly I was so scared about posting this.😅