Feelings

The next day there was school, most people looked like crap, probably from getting drunk the night before and having a major headache. But for Elsie, Axel and Dominique, it was a different kind of crap looking.
  'Are you ok? Elsie, what did you drink last night, was it drugged?' Amelia's worried voice pulled a half-dead Elsie out of dreamland. After last night all magical creatures were tired, and their powers weak, so Elsie's usual glamour was too weak to cover her black eye bags.
  'I'm fine, but my alcohol intolerance is low and I'd just drank too much.' Smiles Elsie, that was a lie, her tolerance is incredibly high, probably the years of training. Drinking her pain away. Elsie looked around, many did look bad, but none as bad as her or Axel and his friend Dom. They were surrounded by overly fake concerned girls.
  'Difference is my pain was of my past, and theirs was pain of a headache bought on by booze.' Elsie thought warily. She didn't know how wrong she was or how similar she was to them, but she will.

(Axel's POV)
  I feel so bad, my muscles hurt and I have no energy. These girls are making an unpleasant ringing in my ear which I fake smiled through.
  Looking around, we kinda fit in, a little bit worse for wear. Elsie caught my eye, she looked just as bad as me, in the back of my mind, I wonder why.
  I looked over at Dom to ask him and winced, he looked awful. I tried to help him as soon as I could but he slammed the door in my face demanding alone time. I tried and begged to get him to talk to me, but he refuses to look in my direction. Lyra, his wife, payed the price when I made a mistake.
  Technically it was a misunderstanding, thinking I betrayed he family. Only Dom believed me, which made the demons go and burn both of our houses. The demons didn't know then, but they unknowingly killed Lyra. So my fault. If I could go back in time, I would save her. Better yet never met Dom, it would kill me to do so, but he deserves so much better. So so much better.

(Dom's POV)
  Burning, the smell of fire, screaming, though the demons there said the screams were mine. All these details were etched in my mind forever. The demons apologised, saying they didn't know. Fat lot of good that did. They killed her, if Axel haven't stop me, literally smothered me with his power, I would have killed them all. Ripped them apart with my teeth and wings.
  I know Axel blames himself for her death, and maybe it's selfish for me, putting partial blame on him to make me feel better for not taking care of Lyra. But I needed it, also I didn't want to talk, not after screaming my throat raw. A tap in my shoulder, Axel. I can see the 'you ok' expression on his face. I shrugged, I don't want to talk, not anymore. Dimly I was aware when I told Axel to leave me alone, he went to talk to a girl I don't know, and somewhere in my mind I realise this was the girl he was interested in. The one that made me more observant in Axel's life, just in case she was trouble like the last one.
  I can see a girl coming towards me, I tensed. I don't wanna talk, not to anyone but Lyra.
*the observant part was mentioned in the beginning of the chapter 'feelings', check if you forgotten.*
(No one's POV)
  It was a hard day, the atmosphere subdued. On the bright side, when Axel went to talk to Elsie, she was too tired to shoo him away. He had a halfway decent conversation, until he saw a girl hitting on Dom, normally he would be amused, but after last night he was mad. He managed not to be too awful to the unsuspecting girl, but Dom is his brother. No one else would hurt him, not under Axel's watch.
'What did Axel talked to you about?' Ella asked Elsie, not bothering to hide her jealousy. Ella, typical story book villain, rich, cheerleader and completed with an awful attitude. 'And they say stories aren't true' Elsie thought.
  'Nothing, he asked why i looked so bad, plus it's none of your business.' Elsie replied, not wanting to talk to Ella.
Ella sniffed at her, looking down on Elsie. She turned on her heel and left, as if to not be seen talking with trash.
Elsie rolled her eyes, but she had to admit, maybe Axel wasn't the typical bad boy. He seemed concerned and was genuinely nice, at least he was until he abruptly walked off to join his friend and proceeded to say slightly nasty things to the poor girl Dom was talking to.
  Nothing much happened today, but that was fine, more than fine. They needed it, a day of quiet, after all the years they been through. Running, hiding, never truly stopping for themselves.
  All in all, the day after Halloween night, was good enough.

I don't think this was good and there's not much progress on the story line, next chapter will be better.😅