oh no

(A couple weeks later)
'Guys I got some bad, bad news.' Axel said tensely. He wasn't the only one, apparently he had already discuss it with Dom and together they decided the girls ought to know.
  'Please after what we've been through nothing can match up to it, except finals.' Amelia didn't bother to look up from her stacks of books.
  'Yeah, about that... maybe it isn't over?' Dom questioned.
  That stopped the girls in their tracks, until Elsie spoke sternly, 'what do you mean by not over? This better not be some kind of sick joke.'
  The boys exchanged a half terrified glance, for both girls looked ready to rip their heads off.
  'So you know Ancient? Well he let Arkell go a few days ago since they are Old Magic brothers. And basically have him a second chance, but now he's sure that was a bad, bad idea.' Taking a deep breath Axel then continued, 'and we might have to go check on him.'
  Unsurprisingly, the girls were unsatisfied with this answer and demanded an explanation. Which then led to asking why they must go along with the check up. Too bad, Zanolis seems to have a good explanation for everything and Jexvi was silently giving him support through nods.
  So then it was settled, more or less. For Amelia made sure that everyone heard her complaining, blaming them for making her going on this trip while there was an exam coming, risking their lives once more and basically having no regard for poor mortals. Which was true, but no one needed to know that.
  The four set out at dawn, trying their best to not wake anyone and praying for a good trip, which didn't come true.
  The bus ride was the least of all their problems, it broke down twice and was cranky the whole way. By mid morning the four can no longer feel their tailbones.
  'It ought not do that. The bus ought not bounce like this. It is literally a flat road. What is it bouncing on even? Lost screws?' Amelia muttered.
  'I'm not sure whether or not I want to cry because of the bouncing or the lack of air conditioning in this crappy thing of a bus.' Dom replied.
  'Bouncing, definitely the bouncing.' Axel decided, with Elsie nodding along. Too much in pain to speak.
  'How far are we even going to go? We aren't going to the same place as last time for sure, so how do you know where to go?' Amelia asked Axel annoyed.
  'Old Magic remember? I can track him down to a small general location but Elsie- since she has his blood- can track him down to the specific building and floor. That is, if he's in a building.' Axel explained.
  So the four rode on, and was immensely glad when they got off the bus and continued on foot. With Elsie's help, they soon stand in front of a breaking building at an isolated location.
  As the four stare up to it, Dom spoke, 'not gonna lie, but I can't imagine Arkell in this stink hole. Hell, I can't imagine anyone living here.'
  'Maybe he's just visiting an old friend?' Amelia asked. The boys snorted and before they can muster up the courage to go in, Elsie was already in the building.
  'Wait up! When did you got so ready for danger?' Axel asked as he jogged up to Elsie.
  To which she replied, 'since you two boys lost your guts to lead the way.'
  Axel would have protested, but he could sense Arkell's presence, and the four fell quiet as they tried to sneak up on him.
  To no avail apparently since Arkell was waiting patiently in the room.
  'Ah I've been waiting for you, Sunu, Zanolis, Jexvi.' Arkell said as the four opened the door, he addressed them all and gave them eye contact, besides Amelia who would have felt offended if she wasn't more relieved that she didn't needed to have a stare down with a genie.
  'Cut the sh*t, what are you doing here?'Jexvi asked, both boys had let their demons take over as soon as they saw Arkell.
  'Now now, let's not rush things. Let's exchange some pleasantries first. For example, how's your wife?' Arkell asked, grinning cruelly.
  Zanolis barely had time to restrained his snarling friend, who was ready to rip Arkell's head off his shoulders.
  'No need to hold him back, Zanolis. For how about you? Does Zanx's betrayal still hurt?'
  The two demons would have killed the genie, or would have tried to. For mentioning their wife and twin. But Elsie stepped in.
  'Stop it, you two control yourselves. I know you're both livid, but calm down now.' Her tone, had effectively calmed both demons enough that they weren't radiating danger.
  'Sunu, my blood child, how do you do? Still have nightmares from the past?'
  'Yes, but none of your business. We came for an actual reason, not for a tête-à-tête.'
  The genie lean back against his chair and smiled, 'Well I could only wonder what? Oh but just a hint, I have the upper hand here. And by that I mean...' looking triumphant he focused back into the demons.
  'You don't wanna anger the gods.'

Cliffhanger? I hoped you like this chapter I rushed it a little. See you soon.