Chapter 51:- Stay here forever

Start from the beginning

"Hold me, Casin, like you did by the lake on Nodar; so long ago when there was nothing but our love. No politics, no plotting, no war."

A smile crept up on Ash's face. "It doesn't seem so cheesy anymore."

Gary and Dawn had both noticed how weird Ash and Serena were acting over the breakfast. They suddenly seemed so very chummy and friendly.

"Do they not want to rip each other's throats now?" Asked Calem as he shoved a spoon full of cereal in his mouth, "they seemed so... out of love yesterday."

Gary shrugged, "Well, she's Serena and he's Ash, anything is possible with these two."

Anything was possible but Gary was hoping for the best, he enjoyed Serena's company, and judging by the smile on Ash's face, he certainly did too.

"Did you two—" unfortunately before he could complete his sentence, he was interrupted by Joanne who looked like the literal definition of hell.

She'd asked them, more like ordered to come with her. Ash and Serena exchanged weird glances as if they could sense each other's thoughts.

Gary stepped up to Ash as they followed Joanne, "Did you do something funny last night?"

Ash was instantly alarmed, "Funny? What no? Did someone say something? Because I didn't, I didn't. I slept the whole night last time."

Gary raised his eyebrow.

"It was a great sleep," he concluded before walking ahead of him.

Joanne led them to a dark conference room, it was one of the few rooms in the Southern Control Center which didn't have the live show of the aquarium above them.

She motioned them to take seats as the screen in front of them buzzed to life. In front of them was Ailsa Oak, just as sour and angry as ever. Beside him sat Delia in a plaid white coat, a smile on her face.

"Oh look, it's Grandma!" Gary said out loud.

Ailsa smirked, "Thanks for the enthusiasm, Garrison."

"Again, it's Gary!"

She paid him no heed, she turned back towards the lot of them and said, "Who was it?"

They stared at each other, unaware of what was happening.

"Who was what?" Asked Calem.

"Who decided to go after the smugglers?"

Serena gulped and looked down at her feet. A scoff escaped Ailsa's lips as she exchanged a glance with Grace.

"Of course it was the daughter of Grace," she shook her head in dismay, "my my, when will the tables turn."

Ash felt a sudden surge of anger in her veins, he clenched his fist in anger and said, "It was me, I decided to go after the smugglers."

Ailsa was taken aback. "The last I checked with Joanne, it was Serena who made contact."

"But it was me who gave the orders, I'm the team leader, after all, aren't I?"