Ch.10- New Home

I sat staring at the door for what felt like ions as i tried to process what Itachi had said. Did he just entrusted his house to me? That was kinda unbelievable. My gaze landed on my bags sitting on the floor besides the sofa i am sitting on.

"Of course if you don't want it, you're free to leave." His words rang back to my ear and his image as he stand in the door came back to my mind. That's when I realized something,he was wearing his forehead protector. He must have found it in my bag.

"Does that mean he opened my bags?" I muttered to my self slightly panicking. I heave a sigh of relief when all my scrolls are unopened. It would be embarassing if a guy sees your undergarments right?

I poured the contents of my bags out and the box that contained my mother's letter made a loud sound as it hit the wooden floor. I stared at it before slowly reaching my hand out to get it. My fingers trembled a little as i lifted the lid of the box. When it finally opened, I saw a rolled up scroll
and a necklace with the Uzumaki crest as a pendant. My heart beat fasten as i stared at the necklace,a sense of familiarity hit me. An unfamiliar memories played in my head. It was just for short period of time,a few seconds maybe but it sent a pounding pain in my head and a searing one in my chest. Maybe the pain in my head is the remnants of hangover but the painful unfamiliarity in my chest,i can't seem to find anything to explain it. I diverted my attention towards the letter as i unfolded the scroll and read the contents.

"I see". I muttered,no more like whispered as i stared at the words written in the scroll. From the first word to the last. I wiped the tears that I didn't realized was streaming down my cheeks ,one drop of it escaped and fell straight to the paper,blotting the ink. "So this is what you mean by "it's better if i read it when i can already understand" huh, mother?".

I slowly reached for the necklace but withdraw my hand the moment if made contact for a bolt of memories flowed within me,just like a current of electricity that flowed into a conductor. I stared at the necklace before gathering up the courage and picking it up. It wore it around my neck, after all it was the last wish of my mother. My real mother.

The moment the necklace hung on my neck,a memory flashed in my mind just like watching a television with a heartbreaking show playing on. I curled my self in the floor hugging my knees I lay, tears flowing down like a river.

I don't know how much hours i spent laying there and i didn't even realize i had fallen asleep. A knocking on my door made me realize as it pulled me out of slumber. The knocking on the door sounded again. I slowly staggered on my knees and got up, rubbing my eyes as i walk towards the door. I opened it and saw a man who was about to knock again but his hands stopped midair when the door flew open. His eyes widen when he saw me.

"Whoa,whoa did you cried all night or something? And whats with that hair?" He asked. My eyebrows shot up. Do i know this guy? I stared at him to take a clearer look at his face. His black hair reaching just below his ears was covering the left side of his face while the other side was neat for the hair was tucked neatly behind his ears. His dark green eyes look a little droopy giving him an innocent look his lips was slightly agape as he stared at me.

"What about my hair? Is it because of its color? You're thinking that it is like tomato? Am i right?" I asked, raising my brows at him. He shook his head.
"No. It's just messy and tangled." He said. It touched my hair and realized he was right. I can't even comb it with my hands because of all the tangling.

"Oh is that so? I'm sorry. So what brings you here? Are you Ita-, i mean Kuro's friend?" I asked mentally cursing myself for almost sayimg Itachi's real name. I don't even know if Kuro is right.