Ch.4- Village of the Wolf's Cry

Life is a battle. Only those who are strong will survive.

If you ask what living is, I'd say suffering. Life is unfair. There are those who bask in sunlight and peace in the Great Villages while those are living in small villages always get caught in wars. Its not that i resented the Great Villages.

The memory from fifteen years ago had remained engrave in my mind. I was three years old that time when my mother brought me in the battlefield. In the aftermath of the Third Shinobi War, dead bodies piled up.

I thought that time, is peace really that hard to grasp? Will there be a world without war? Will I be able to witness the day where all the Nations unite? Where little skirmishes disappear?

It seems to be a big question for a four year old like me. The trauma of the war made me set my goals for peace.

"Mother? I looked at the woman beside me holding my hand, sobbing. She gave me a quick glance. "Yes Kira?"

"When i grew up i want to be strong. I want to protect you. And not only that. I want to unite all the people so that there will be no wars. You think i can do it Mother?" i asked. The woman gently ruffled my hair. "Of course dear. You just have to believe in yourself. Don't give up then one day, you'll achieve your goal."

"Yes mother. And i want to do that without killing. You think it's possible Mother? I want to avoid fighting as possible." The woman was silent for a second. "Who knows, come on now Kira lets go back home." she replied.

I nodded my head and followed her. But before i could turn my back,i spotted two silhouettes at the distance. Facing the rising sun,in the middle of dead bodies.

"Mother? Who are they?" I asked pointing at the standing silhouettes. Mother stopped in her tracks and faced me tracing her vision to where my finger pointed.

Her shoulder raised up then down. "Maybe a parent showing his child the harsh reality of the world." She replied. I looked at the little boy with jet black hair. The boy slowly turned in my direction and our eyes met for a split second before my mother called for my attention.

The salty air blew down my face as i walk on the seashore. My shoes leaving a print on the damp sand which the sea washes away afterwards. Its been a week since i left the village.

I had to take stops to rest. Why did i even think its just a four-day journey when i had already went to that village two times. Sometimes my stupidity surprises me.

I had made two stops at two different village to sleep at an inn and have my clothes dried clean. At the last inn I've visited i met a loud blonde kid who caught my attention. I was sitting at the veranda of my room when i saw him sitting outside. At the veranda beside mine. His arms was crossed and his face scowled. I found my self starting a conversation to him

"Oi, kid. What's with the long face?". I asked he stared at me for long which made me awkward.

"What? Do i have something in my face?" i asked he shook his head and stood up before leaping to my veranda. I was taken aback when he sit in front of me,his eyes squinting.

"Your hair. Is that really natural?". I raised my eyebrows. "Yes. So what of it? i replied. "You didn't answer my question earlier." i added. He heaved a sigh and leaned his back on the wooden railings.

"Well that ero-sennin said were gonna train today but he left saying he will just buy something and hadn't return. Its been hours already." He explained.

"Don't you think something has happened to him?" I asked. I hold my laughter when he said ero sennin.

"No. That old sage even though he looked like that he is so strong. That's why i train with him so that i will be strong right away."