A wolf in a Sheep's Clothing II

He doesn't look  suspicious. That's why I trusted him. But then again, looks are deceiving. As a shinobi I should be aware of that. Why did I let my guard down that fast and easy? Is it because I am distracted by that happening too much. Do this person really worthy of my trust?

"What do you mean, Kira-chan?" Kureno said as he placed down the tea and stood up. 

"What are you doing here?" I asked once again as I readied myself for any possible occurrences. I brought my hand under the table and weaved some sign. A faint glow of charka scribbled a formula along the floor, surrounding us two. I will deactivate it once he tries anything funny and the two of us will be surrounded by a strong barrier by then. That way, I can protect both Reishi and Kina. 

Kureno gave me a confused look, his brow shot up and he broke into a smile.  He closed his eyes and tilted his head. "I don't get what you're saying.. but," he opened his eyes and stared at me. "...with that look you're giving, are you suspecting me of something?"

"Frankly, yes. Because, come on think of it. No one knows what happened to Kina except Itachi, Reishi and me." We never told anyone about it. Not even Kina knows what really happened to him. How come you know?" I stated.

His eyes slightly widened and then he squinted it, tilting his head.  Seconds later, he burst into a big laugh. I looked at him with my eyebrows creased as he laughed hard. 

"What's funny?" I asked.

His shoulders shook as he slowly control his laughter. "Nothing," he answered. He stopped laughing and took a deep breathe. Standing straight, he toss the stray strands of hair in his face to the back of his head.

"Man, I guess I got careless. You were sharper than you look..." he muttered. 

Reishi at that moment emerged from the door carrying a tray of rice balls. He stopped and looked at us with a confused look. And then with my eyes widen, I yelled. " Reishi, duck down!" Kureno fished a kunai out and threw it towards Reishi. Reishi stood frozen in shock as he watched the kunai flew towards him. I released the hand sign and a golden barrier erupted around us two. It didn't got a hold of the kunai though. I was a second to late. 

I saw the fear in Reishi's eyes as the kunai grew more closer to him. Inches in impaling his forehead until it stopped. An adamantine chain wrapped around it and pulled it back. I let out a single adamantine chain as my last resort, although it exhaust my chakra greatly. I threw the kunai far back and retracted the chains back to my body.

Kureno looked at me with wide eyes and a big grin.

"I knew it, from the hair color alone , you are an Uzumaki. Now that I have seen those chains that only you people can do, I am more than convinced." he muttered. "Amazing." he added and licked his lips.

"What is your motive Kureno? Why did you approached Kina. Befriend him? And attacked him?" I asked,

"Whoa, hold on there. Aren't you accusing me a little too much?" he said and chuckled.

"Oh, so you're not the one responsible for the attack.?"

"Of course.. I am. But indirectly. We were drinking by the time of attack right? I couldn't possibly hurt him myself ... right??" he said in a mocking voice. I gritted my teeth and glared at him.