Ch.18- Rest

"Say, say, Kana-nee, are you really living with Itachi-san?" Kina  sat down in from of me and looked at me with beaming eyes and wide smile.

"Yes, but why do you sound so excited?" I asked, raising my brow. Reishi handed me a cup of tea. I smiled and said my thanks. He nodded and sat next to me with his own cup of tea in his hands. I sipped the hot tea while I waited for Kina's answer.

He giggled and glanced at Itachi who is sitting at the edge of the patio looking at afar, " Then does that means you are Itachi-san's wife?" 

"HOT".  Reishi let out a shriek as he leaped away from me. "Why'd you do that Kira-chan?" 

I spit my tea on him and choke on some. "I'm sorry, " I said as the tea ran down my nose.  His arms slightly reddened so I immediately scooted over and healed it.

"Soooo?" Kina cooed.

I turned to him and blurted. "Like hell I am!" . Geez, kids these days. I could feel my cheeks warm up.

"Oh. I see, I thought only married couple stay at one house together." he said, with a "hmm, suspicious" tone in his voice.

"Yes, and he only comes home like one a month!" I said. Wait, why did I sound upset over the fact that he rarely comes home?

"Oh is that so? Okay Kira-nee." Kina said and stood up. 

"Where are you going?" I asked. I turn around and smiled. "I'm going down and see the preparations for the winter festival."

"Winter festival?" 

"It will happen the day after tomorrow." Reishi answered my question. I nodded. It's the first time I've heard of it.

"Do you want me to go with you?" I asked, he might run into trouble with bullies again.

He shook his head. "You need to rest Kira-nee, I'll take you with me once you get rest."  He smiled and waved away. I smiled. What a nice kid.

"You can rest at our spare room Kira-chan. Although I apologize, it's not that nice of a room nor the futon is new. But I believe it can still give you a comfortable sleep." Reishi said as he appeared behind me. "I already readied everything."

"Thank you Reishi." I said , he nodded and lead me away. When he opened the door of the room I giggled. It is a nice room. A bit old, yes but it is clean and fresh. This is no furniture other than a closet and a table. The open window gives the view of the green stretch of forest and the blue sparkling sea meeting the sky in the far horizon.

I saw Reishi blush. "It is a very beautiful room, Reishi. I love it." I said as I pat his back. 

"Thank you, this were my late parents' room."