Chap.16- Travelling with him

Itachi was most patient for giving me one week to recover. At that time being, he took care of the meals and the household chores and I took care of him by letting him bite on me every time he coughs blood. It's a give and take relationship and I've never been happy for having someone around me. 

 I really don't understand how he got his sickness, he wouldn't explain to me. But I know that it's something related to his antibodies attacking his vital organs and his blood cells and based on what Reishi told me, the side effects of the medicine he's taking is gradually becoming blind.  

"Yo, Itachi. What is the color of my eyes?" I asked while watching him wash the dishes. I am sitting at the chair with my face pressed atop my arm resting at the table. I shrugged when I got no answer from him and decided to change the question.

"You cook so well and do household chores much more better than me. I'm impressed, especially you are a guy and a fearsome shinobi at that." I muttered, more like talking to myself since I don't expect any answers from him. Unlike me, he's a man of few words. Our personalities contradicts big time but that's what I'm thankful of. I don't think I can stand living with someone with the same personality as me, I don't think I need that.  But I do like someone fun to talk to. Well never mind that, even I don't understand myself. My thinking's as messy as my bed hair.

"I used to take care of my little brother and the household chores whenever my parents are out." he mumbled. I smiled. 

He talked. He answered.

"Really?" I said, hiding the happiness in my voice. Him answering is like once in a blue moon occurrence. "What's your brother like?" 

 He put the last plate in the tray and turned the faucet off before wiping his hands with a dry cloth. He looked at me with his straight face as he removed his apron. I straightened up when he sit at the chair on the other side of the table. We sat face to face as he gave me a quick glanced before diverting his eyes to the open window adjacent to where we sat.

The sun is just rising. We were up early because we are going to Howling Wolf Village today and he was preparing foods for the week of travel.  "Sasuke is.... he was a good boy. He is smart too. He always asks me to play with him after school or after my missions. But most of the time, I can't give him what he ask, those simple pleas of him either because I am tired or I am busy with my mission."

I looked at him. He is staring outside with his tired eyes. Then in a split second, a small smile curved in his lips. A sad and tired one. "Sasuke, is my beloved brother."

"I see, "....." Sunrise and sunsets are beautiful right? Too bad, I kind of hate the latter. It reminds me of the first time I soiled my hands with blood. Of how I was separated  with my family and never to see them again." I stood up and turned away. "Well then, I suppose I need to do some double checking with the things I am bringing along right?" I said and walked away.

"I hate both I suppose, everyday reminds me of my sins." Itachi muttered, I halted. The chair scraped as he stood up. He walk passed by me and entered his room. 

"You're really tired aren't you?" I muttered after he closed his door. "It makes me want save you.. but,"

....." do you want to be saved?"

________________

"How many days do you spend, you know, to Howling Wolf Village?"  I asked as Itachi walked ahead of me. 

"Depends." he nonchalantly answered. He is in his Kuro disguise.

"I see. By the way, who's looks did you base that disguise of yours? I mean, you've at least saw some inspiration somewhere right? Like some random person or from a magazine or something? I also have a disguise every time I do assassination and spying. "

He gave me a quick glance, "Man, is being loud and talkative a trademark of Uzumakis?" he muttered. "Where'd you get that much energy to move your mouths? From your chakra reserves?" 

My eyebrows knitted automatically. Is that an insult? or a compliment? a question?

"Well excuse me, " I stopped on my tracks and put my hands on my waist. "Thanks to that great chakra reserves I've got something to spare for you every time you puke blood. Geez, what an ungrateful guy."

He didn't say a word. I glared at him and stomped my feet. "Well, that was one of the few long sentences that came out of your mouth. Amusing." I said and looked up to distract myself. I shut my mouth and counted every birds that passed by as to pass time. 

The whole journey is silent until Itachi spoke to tell me we'd be arriving at a small town and would spend the night at an inn there. I just hummed as a reply and continued with my bird counting.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

This is a short update since I really don't have any motivation to write and it sucks. Ya'know? The feeling where you lose interest in things you were passionate about. But we can't just stay unproductive forever right? HAHAHA. 

Happy reading anyways! Spread love and positivity. Take care of your mental health and Fight!!!

Hope u like this chap:))