Interlude:A boy with the raven hair

Konohagakure, 34 years ago

Kana stood in front of the whole class, beside her teacher who introduced her to class. She roamed her eyes around and saw a red hair like hers, although much more brighter. The owner of the hair,Kushina gave her a smile and waved. She shyly smiled and let her gaze fall to her own feet.

"Okay Kana, introduced yourself to class." Her teacher said. She shyly roamed her eyes around and stopped on a certain raven haired boy that isn't paying attention.

"Good day, I'm Uzumaki Kana. I hope to get along with all of you." She said,her voice low since she isn't used to talk in front of many people. And the murmurs she heard from the boys since she entered isn't helping either.
"Another tomato?"
"Her hair is like Kushina's."
"What's with the red haired plaguing our village."
"I hope a third one doesn't show up."

"Okay,Kana you can sit next to Uchiha Fugaku." The teachers voice snatched her attention and she was thankful for it. She carefully made her way to her assigned seat,she remained her gaze on the floor until she arrived. Looking at the guy that is going to be her seatmate for the rest of the school year. She carefully observe his side profile and theirs only one thing she could say; breathtaking.

Minding her every moves,she again, carefully sit on the chair and gently put her notebook on the desk, afraid she might make a mistake and the whole class will laugh at her. She listened as the teacher started the lecture but for some reason,she can't feel at ease and threw glances at the boy beside her,who not once spared her a glance. Maybe because she hadn't introduced herself to him and she wasn't sure if he was listening as she said her name earlier.

"Uhm, hello. I'm Uzumaki Kana. Nice to meet you Fugaku-kun." She stammered. The guy slowly craned his neck to her side and threw her a short glance.

"Likewise." Was all he said but Kana couldn't understand why her heart seemed to beat faster and why his voice sounded good to her ears.
She couldn't concentrate since her mind is in haywire and that really puzzled her. When the class ended, Fugaku immediately exited the room and she could do nothing but watch him disappear at the door. She didn't even realized she is spacing out until a loud blag disrupt her train of thoughts.
She turned to her side and saw Kushina in the far corner beating up a boy.

"I told you not to call me tomato." She shouted angrily. Even Kana is scared with the aura Kushina is giving off. She also noticed a certain yellow-haired boy who is watching Kushina silently. The boy look femine and timid,she even thought he looked weak. But the look of admiration Kana saw in his eyes has taken her aback. She is sure the guy likes her fellow Uzumaki.

Then a question crossed her mind: Does she like Fugaku too? She quickly shook the question off cause its impossible. He just knew the guy today.

She decided to leave the room since she doesn't have friends and she'd rather study or train than to go out and have fun,she doesn't have any friends to begin with and it's at these times that she misses her little sister and felt a pang of homesickness. She is about to step out of the door when someone called her name.

"Kana!". She turned around and saw Kushina standing atop the guy she was beating earlier and waving her hand.
"Where are you going? Wait for me dattebane." Kushina said. She reluctantly nodded,cant believe that Kushina talked to her first.

"Don't hesitate to tell me if someone messes with you because of our hair. I'll beat them to pulp 'ttebane." Kushina said. Now that she'd talk to Kushina, Kana noticed the girl' impulsiveness and fast-mouth.