Ch.7- Too Late

"If i had not let my cowardice reign over me,would i be able to save her?"

"If you miss them,then why not visit them?" Itachi's words rang my ears for almost a week now. Haunting me whenever I am lost in thoughts. I groaned and scratched my head in frustration.

"Eh? Are you okay Kira-nee?" Ruka stopped eating her ramen and stared at me innocently. I slightly ruffled her hair and gave her a reassuring smile.

"Why of course Ruka. Do i look like I'm sad? Kira-nee never gets sad." But the child doesn't seem buy my explanation and gave me a knowing look.

"You know, Kira-nee my mum said its not okay to keep your problems to yourself. She said,the reason why we have friends is that we can have someone to lean on and talk to." She said,which amused me.

"That's quite some good advice from a shrimp like you,huh?" I said, chuckling. "I'm not a shrimp." she pouted. I let out a small laugh.

"Okay, okay. You're not. But remember this Ruka, you must be wary about people knowing your problems. Your weaknesses and your secrets, especially in this cruel word for they might use that to bring you down. My mother also told me this, your friends may turn out to be a foe someday. Do not trust anybody fully."

"Understand kiddo?" She nodded at me before turning back to her bowl of ramen. I too, savored my own warm bowl of it. A hearty bowl that somehow soothed my restless mind.

"But can i not really trust anyone? Even a single person?" She asked. I stopped eating and stared at my bowl. "Of course you can, i hope. I hope someone will be there for you. In which you can trust,even with your life. You'll know. Find someone like that,okay?"

"But you can trust me Kira-nee. Ruka here won't tell anyone about your secrets. I know you are troubled Kira-nee." She said, this time i turned my gaze to her and grinned. "You are really observant and sharp for your age little shrimp."

I sighed. "Okay. I'll tell you about my trouble. Do you remember my mama and sister i told you about? I want to see them." Her eyes widen in recognition. "Oh, i remember that. So you miss them? Then why don't you go see them Kira-nee?" She said, stating the exact words Itachi told me.

"You're saying the exact words he told me huh?"

"He? Who's he?" She inquired. Looks like it caught her interest. "A friend Ruka. Do you think i should visit my family?" I asked once again and she gave me a serious look and a a nod.

"I'm sure they miss you too." She said before slurping her bowl of ramen. "Kaa-san,im done eating." She shouted to her mother in the kitchen. Her gaze went back to me and gave me a toothy smile. "You're not gonna miss me Ruka?" I asked.

"Of course I'm gonna miss you but I'm going on a little adventure myself. Kaa-san said we are going to Land of Wind to visit Tou-san and get better there." I raised my brows and slowly nodded. "How long are you gonna stay there?" I asked.

"A month". I clutched my chest, feigning hurt. "You didn't tell me sooner Ruka. Im hurt,nee-san's gonna miss you." She crossed her arms and stared at me. "I was gonna tell you. That's why i invited you for ramen but you seemed trouble and you're always spacing out,you didn't even notice our baggages there." She pointed to the corner.

"Oh, I'm sorry Ruka. So you're leaving today?" She nodded. "Yes Kira-nee. We're going tonight."

"Well then, till we meet again. Be careful always okay? I'm going ahead." I stood up and straighten my skirt. Ruka's mother,who just came out of the kitchen smiled at me.

"I'll be going now, Hina-san. Thanks for having me here." I bowed and sat, putting my sandals on. "No problem Kira, Thank you for everything you've done for my daughter."