Ch.3- Crimson Dawn

Itachi

"Foolish little brother if you want to kill me then curse me,hate me, and live a long unsightly life. Run away and keep on clinging to your pitiful life. And when one day,you have the same eyes as i do,come before me." Those words were the exact words i said to my little brother after i massacred the entire clan.

The cries of agony and pain keep resounding in my head. My parents' last words as they sit straight, waiting for my sword to take their life away.

The fear in the eyes of the little children,of elderly and wives and even those tired husbands having their rest at home preparing for the coup to be carried in the sunrise,not knowing it is their last night.

The coup. I know my actions are necessary to prevent the coup the Uchiha clan was planning against the leaf. I know some would view to it as a small sacrifice for the greater good. If it happens that the coup was successful,some nations would take that as an opportunity to invade the village since its in a chaos. And with that not only an entire clan would be sacrifice,but more than that. More innocent lives would be killed.

How i used my Mangekyou Sharingan to torment Sasuke inside my tsukoyumi. Making him see the Uchiha massacre many times. I'm sure he had suffer but I've got no choice. I need him to hate me with all his being so that he can kill me one day. I want to receive my punishment from the hands of my little brother.

But who do you think who suffered the most? It's me. The one who killed my clanmen,my friends,the girl i have started to love,my parents. It is me who suffered most. The one who carried out the killing by his own hands.

No one knows who i endure those traumas everyday. How my parents' and clansmen's faces haunts me every night. How i killed every ounce of my emotion just to save the village. But it's okay. My brother is safe. And sooner he will cast judgement upon me. My chest tightened and my eyes hurt because of the absence of tears. No matter what i do, I can't cry. Seems like my tears had dried that night.

"Itachi-san,i've brought your favorite seaweed onigiri." A boy of nine years old interrupted my train of thoughts as he held a plate of onigiri.

"Ah,Kina. Thank you very much. You can put it here." I said which was replied by a nod. I returned my gaze to the distant sky. The cold of the dawn managed to seep through my skin. The boy sat silently beside me. He too, was staring at the sky. The silence of the creeping dawn lingered between us.

Not soon enough the sky turned red. Not the color of blood but the beautiful crimson that indicates a new day had started. The color of the sky reminded me of a certain girl who saved my life a month ago.

Her hair was of the reddest color i had seen in my entire existence in this world. But something tells me it was not the first time i saw those hair. No,its not the first time i saw a red hair. My mother's friend, the wife of the fourth Hokage also had the same hair color. I am certain the girl who saved me was an Uzumaki. After all Uzumakis have signature red heads.

I was standing at a cliff. The water below rage wildly. Kisame,my partner was gone to his own business,after all we finished our mission hours ago. Just a simple assassination. I was left here. Standing,facing the breaking dawn. Taking a deep breath,i slowly turned my back away from the creeping sun.

"Itachi." I stop. A familiar voice called out to me. "Itachi." Here it goes again. I slowly turned to where the voice is. The standing at the edge of the cliff is my late friend, Shisui.

"Shisui?" I muttered. The boy flashed me a big smile. Is this a genjutsu? How come a dead person was standing in front of me. I slowly slid my hand in my holster while approaching Shisui or whoever this was.