Ch.18- Avoiding

After that happening at the inn, what do you think I would normally do? Of course, AVOID HIM at all cost.

So because of the journey is spent in silence well of course he would sometimes talk to me like, 'We'll take a rest.' or like last night when he told we'll take turns in sleeping since we were camping in the forest. All I ever did is nod since I don't have the face to talk to him. Of course, he's keeping his disguise and when he gets exhausted by that, he pulls his cloak over his head to hide his face.

Now at last, for our six days of travelling we had arrived to the dock where the boats for the Howling Wolf Village is. Some boats had already sailed and there's only one boat available. So without further ado, we paid for a trip to the village. 

As we sat still in silence, I gazed at the silhouette of the distant mountains.  A place where I look forward to every visit since that would mean I could walk in the middle of  flowers and herbs again, and the red, tall Torii gates again. The lush forest where you lost the track of time once you enter and their fireflies with beautiful green lights. Then there's the two independent, brave  boys with their shop and medicines.  Well, guess I'm gonna meet them again very soon. 

"We're almost there." said the man rowing the boat. 

Now that it's the start of autumn, I'm pretty sure we'd be walking under the magical hues of orange and red leaves.  Ah, that's lovely. Indeed lovely, for I held my breath as we walked under the torii gates. I craned my neck as I walk, the fresh air, the subtle wind, the sound of birds and other animals, the blue sky above the colorful trees. The wind is a little cold, and it will get colder as the days go and trees shed their leaves and then, eventually, the snow will fall.

"Can you walk a little faster?" Itachi's voice pulled me out of my reverie. Tsk, what an impatient man.  "You can go ahead, ya'know. It's not like we'll get lost in place that we need to stay together." I muttered, not looking his way but gazing at the blue sky.

I didn't hear any response from him so I took a quick glance and discovered he is already far ahead from me. 'Grrr. He really did walked ahead.' I sighed. Well, it's better. Everything's awkward right now.  He probably hates me for what I did. He already had someone he loved right? Or maybe 'love'. Who knows if he stopped loving her or nah. 

I pushed the thought out of my head and fastened my pace. I decided I won't ruin my day with such thoughts. Besides, I'm not really sure if I'm " in love" with him or  if I'm just attached since he saved my life and we live together in one house.  I'm just confused with my feelings since it's the first time I took a liking to a boy. Yeah, I must admit it, I like Itachi.

"That aside, I wonder how Kina is doing now. I hope he's not involve in fights anymore. He probably isn't. He's a good kid." I muttered. 

"Don't go thinking that tomato-headed bitch will come save you again." Yeah, he is in fight again. Geez, I told him not to mind the bullies.

 "She's not here. Who knows if she'll come back again, she's probably disgusted by you or she might be floating in a soup right now, you know like how tomatoes are.' I heard the chubby kid say as he stepped on a bread and towered above a kid--- Kina. 

Kina glanced at the bread and glared at him. "Don't you disrespect Kira-nee, you pig." he bravely said." It offended the chubby and Kina received a kick. I gritted my teeth in anger and is about to step out when a guy came in the picture. 

"You guys didn't know that bullying someone smaller than you is a cowardly act?" He said. Chubby with his accomplices turned to him at once. "Tss." they said in unison.

"Who cares if it's a cowardly act huh?" Said the chubby one.

These damn kids, getting too full of themselves at young age! "Well, I guess no one would care if I pick on you, huh? Chubs?" I said as I approached them. They looked at me and I gave them my close eyed smile.

"It's the tomato,--red haired woman. Run! She got those really weird chains coming from her body." Said one of the boys which I remembered was the one who threw us the blue fire powder. They scampered away, out of fear probably, or maybe obviously?

"Well, what do we have here? Still a troublemaker,are we?" I muttered as I looked at Kina. He gave me a look like he can't believe what he is seeing. And then he smiled and jumped to me. "Kira-nee, you're here." he said as he hugged me. I ruffled his hair and giggled. "Are you here to visit? Reishi-nii would be delighted. Come, let's go home." He said excitedly.

"Sure, but first", I turned at the guy who stepped up earlier. "We gotta thank this nii-san here."

The guy smiled , " Oh please, you don't need to. I just did what I think was right."

"Well, thanks anyway." I said and waved. "Let's go, Kina."

"I haven't seen you here before Mister, are you here in this village for the festival?" Kina asked.

A festival?

The guy nodded. "You're right, Mr. Little Troublemaker."

Kina pouted but waved at him nevertheless. "Well, thanks for earlier, Mister. See you at the festival." Kina said and dragged me away.

"There's a festival?" I asked him as we ran.

"Uh-huh. In three days time. Will you stay until then Kira-nee?" He stopped running and turned at me.

I smiled, "I'll see."

____________________________________________________________________________

Well, it's a short update, again.

Thank you for reading and I hope you enjoy!

Aaaannndddd, I just wanna say, It's my 18th today! Another year of suffering, mental breakdowns, responsibility! Tadaaa.

Kidding.

Stay safe y'all.!