|25|

All air was knocked out of me.

I knew that if I spoke, I'd choke on my words so I just stood there and stared at him, waiting for proper words to magically spill out of my lips.

The magic was wasting time.

He had a little smile on his face as he dug his hands in his pants pockets, tapping his foot on the floor and awaiting my answer.

"Y-you mean like a date?", I asked still dazed. "An actual date?"

He chuckled and nodded, "Yes, Bayla. I'm asking you out on a date. An actual date".

Since when did lines begin to fall in pleasant places for me? First it was Rania wanting to be friends and now Gaspard Bastien-the inducement of my female wet dreams and father to my unborn children-is asking me out.

Someone freaking pinch me!

I nodded, slowly at first then actually started bobbing my head, unable to contain the excitement.

Gaspard Bastien just asked me out! Gaspard Bastien just freaking asked me out!!!

"Awesome!" He exclaimed. "Text me your home address and I'll pick you up Saturday at twelve?" I nodded and he gave me a toothy grin. "Nice. See you around, Bayla".

He had left but my legs were devoid of physical sensation as I stood stunned at what just happened.

I can't believe this is happening to me. Gaspard is someone I've always thought wouldn't know my name till he graduated. He's someone I always made up fantasies about, someone I've crushed on since seventh grade... someone I definitely never expected to ask me out.

Maybe dreams do come true...

"Bayla". Someone called out. Their foot steps were louder as they got closer to me. I turned around to look at them with a dopey smile on my face. Them was Cullen and he sighed and ran his hand through his curls. "Bayla, have you been here the whole time?" I didn't reply, still lost in my world. "I've been looking for you for at least an hour. Bastien that told me you'd be here".

Gosh! His name is so beautiful...

Cullen snapped his fingers in my face, "Are you even listening to me? I've been scanning the whole school looking for you and - are you crying?"

What?

I rushed to swipe the tears from my face and gasped. Damn, I was crying!

I sniffed. "It's the game. It's got me so emotional".

Definitely not me crying tears of joy right now because Gaspard just asked me out. Definitely not!

Cullen raised his brows at me and smiled, throwing an arm over my shoulder. "Let's go home you weirdo".

~~~~~

It was around five minutes after nine the same day when I found myself in Aaron's room, seated beside him on the floor eating grapes.

He popped a grape in his mouth, "So he asked you out". It was more of a statement than a question. I nodded. "On an actual date".

"Yes", I groaned. "Hasn't this been established already?"

I was about to put the grape in my mouth but Aaron swiped it and ate it. I rolled my eyes at him and reached for another one.

"I know", he started. "But doesn't it seem weird?"

"Weird", I echoed. "How?"

He straightened up and adjusted his arm-cast. "It's just, he's a senior".

"Okay...?"