|2|

Physics, Calculus and Honours English were even shittier than Chemsitry.

I was more than grateful when the bell signalling lunch was jingled. Since I didn't eat anything this morning, I was hungry as hell.

I made a quick stop at my locker, stuffing my bag with the books needed for the classes after lunch.

A picture fell out from in between the pages of one of my textbooks and I bent to pick it up. Whilst standing straight, I hit my head on the edge of the locker. I didn't care about the budding pain. The universe made it quite clear to me that today just wasn't my day.

The picture in my hand was of me and Ingrid. We were at Fun Alley- just north Vancouver- sitting on the wooden bench, with our heads against the colourful wall and our smiles wide and mirthful.

Ingrid still had her braces then, though I bet she must've taken them out now. She told me she would since we're now in the tenth grade and she needed to look cool and whatever.

Chuckling, I returned the picture to it's former position between the pages of  my textbook and started walking towards the cafeteria.

I began to think of how things will be like for me now that I'm in a new grade. During my last academic year, I was picked on for being overweight. I worked on it during the holiday but I still feel like I have some belly fat. I was picked on by the twelfth graders as at then along with other seniors but hopefully they've graduated and this year won't be so bad.

Well, except for the Kahunas but I pushed that thought to the back of my mind.

I wonder if Ingrid's in school and if she is, what does she look like now? During the holiday she posted her work out sessions each day on her Instagram so her few followers would keep up with her progress.

Ingrid was hell bent on upgrading to a new and improved version of herself. I totally get that. She didn't respond to any of my texts during the break.

Not one!

But I totally get that she's working on herself and she needs space. She's not avoiding me or anything-

"Shit!"

He groaned as our bodies collided. His books fell to the floor and as we both went down to gather them up, we bumped heads.

"Oww", we yelped simultaneously.

It was then I looked up at him. And I liked what I saw.

As we stood up, having collected the books, I let myself believe that these few seconds our eyes were locked would be the start of a high school love story.

Like the kind I've read in books where the guy and girl bump into each other in the hallway (and we were in the hallway), have a moment and fall in love automatically.

But as he murmured a "thanks" and walked away, I realized that this was reality where hazel eyed boys or any other boy for that matter would never be aware of my existence.

Reality is a bitch!

When I got to the cafeteria, I got the Monday meatloaf but was content even though it tasted like butt considering the fact my stomach was empty.

And when I felt my body make contact with smooth skin, I knew that shit would hit the fan.

To everyone it looked like we bumped into each other but between the both of us it was different.

Rania screeched, gaining the attention of the Kahunas behind her and basically the entire student populace in the cafeteria.

She proceeded, "Bitch, are you blind or something?"

For some reason unknown to mankind, I couldn't produce words coherently.

"S-S-Sorry....m-my bad?" It wasn't meant to be a question.

Everyone's eyes were trained on the scene that was unfolding before them. A nerd bumping into the school's IT girl.

And they must've thought, "poor girl" because as Rania gripped my arm that tightly clutched my food tray and pulled me low at eye level, I thought the exact same thing.

She seethed her words but was audible enough for only both of our hearing, "Now I don't know why or how you made Aaron break up with me but you're gonna pay, Lakes".

I gulped because I knew from the moment she hit me, she wanted to pass a message.

A message that would most likely screw me over.