|36|

We were seven in number. Rania decided to invite more people unlike how she normally handles this stuff. She said it'd be cool if things changed. Anyway, she invited some girls from the cheerleading team: Concetta Jacopo (the head cheerleader), Carlie Brenton, (Concetta's lackey) and Heather Brown. Then there was me, Ingrid, Rania and Za'Niyah.

The girls were feeling a little bit adventurous so they made sure that this sleepover wouldn't be stereotypical in any way.

When we wanted to watch a scary movie, they decided to pair it with popcorn that had different colour flavors.

"Anyone feeling up to green matcha popcorn?"

"Ewww. No".

"I like it though. I say we should try it".

"How about bacon- chocolate popcorn? I think that'd be tasty".

"Tasty my ass. Let's just settle for regular sweet and salty popcorn".

In the end, we settled for popcorn trail mix.

"Sure beats the old microwave bag", someone said then the others agreed.

Then we made some pizza (which got burnt so we had to throw it out), had indoor camping, did the paper plane challenge and tried out a new type of braid.

"Okay y'all this doesn't have to be the normal three strand braid", Rania announced. "Let's try fishtails, waterfall braids..."

"Corset braids", Heather quipped.

"Yeah", Concetta agreed.

And so we got to it, braiding each other's hair and talking- not that I participated much in that- till we moved on to the next activity. In the end, our braided  hair looked nice even though our hair (except Rania who had her hair in braids already and Za'Niyah who's hair was strong enough to be braided) was slackening in the plaits.

We then made glow bubbles. So apparently when you put highlighter ink into bubble soap, you'll make a concoction that glows under a blacklight which is pretty much the most wholesome thing you can do under a blacklight. They turned out great, though.

Like two hours later, after doing other stuff, we decided to bake cupcakes.

"What if it'll end up like the DIY pizza we made?" Carlie asked.

Concetta rolled her eyes. "Shut up, Carlie. Of course it won't. They're just cupcakes".

Carlie frowned. "Same thing we said about pizza but we saw how that turned out".

Concetta scoffed and ushered us all down the stairs. Immediately I spotted Cullen seated on the manchester, watching a movie. I felt queasy.

"Just a sec, girls", said Ingrid. "Let me go talk to him a bit".

"Ooohh", Rania teased. "Well dont take too long".

Ingrid gave her a thumbs up and made her way to Cullen while the girls were teasing her. Some kind of emotion washed over me. It was new to me so I didn't know what to peg it as. I just knew I didn't like the feeling.

Ingrid joined Cullen on the couch and they began to talk. The knots in my stomach curled tighter and tighter when I saw him laugh and when she proceeded to peck his cheek - which, might I add, was very close to his lips.

"What're you staring at, Bayla?" Heather asked with her eyebrows shot up inquisitively, holding a dripping rag. She called out my name too loudly, nabbing the attention of both Cullen and Ingrid as they snapped their heads in my direction. Heat reached my cheeks as I walked away from them and joined the others to bake cupcakes.